Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

question bout money??

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
the number that Mort has posted will be hicked up for most, wage's in london are high, due to the cost of living in london.

but they aint far wrong for career earners (£25k+)

-james

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
1. Retailers in the UK don't sell as much gear as the ones in the US, hence to make a living they have to mark up their products.
2. You're comparing US online prices to UK retail/online prices - In the US the brick and mortar stores have bigger mark up on the products since they have it in stock, as opposed to many online stores there which only keep part of the inventory in house and the rest is being dropshipped by suppliers. UK stores use their website as an additional means of generating sales but still have the same costs as brick & mortars store do, since they have to stock as much product as possible.
3. Costs of shipping from the US affect everyone, whether they are a private person buying things in the US or a dealer ordering products in bulk - My latest order with a supplier came with shipping costs of about 6 dollars per item, multiply that by a couple hundred or thousand and you'll see some numbers that will make you say ****!
4. Last but not least, all products legally imported to the EU carry a VAT charge, in the case of UK it's 17,5%. In Poland where I reside and do business it's 22% - All VAT & Excise on imports needs to be paid before the product is released from Customs. This is reflected in the sale price.
5. Life's not fair, but nobody said it should be.

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
And one more thing.

Product sold in the US of A is warrantied by the manufacturer. That means online stores send you to SP or PMI or Dye whenever you have a problem.
Over here, the seller needs to provide warranty for the product - That also has to be calculated into the price.

bryan

walker-texas-ranger
Oct 22, 2001
south cambs
Visit site
rayko u need to chill, no ones asin for ya to put ure earnings up. and no iam not 12, i run my own business and deal with the same issues as all here. vat is a bitch.
fisz, thanks for ya feed back i understand the costs and risks involved and toally respect that store owners have to make a living.
life definately aint fair but i am not asking it to be. the thread was really just some light banter and as with most threads that arent about the size of this mornings turd, some ppl want to make an issue of everything.
thx for the genuine posts. i guess my other point to all this is related to robbos article this month in pgi, shifting sands. i guess i just think for ball to become global it has to become attainable for the masses. thats all. and as most know cost is a big factor

Mort

The big, bad I SAID NO!!
Sep 14, 2006
Norwich
point is despite price drops we (uk ballers) r still being raped for our kit.
Thats my point, no we're not. If our average wage is almost double that of the US, then you'd expect our kit to be around double the price.

rkid

jason
Apr 22, 2007
kettering
average wage figures in the uk r full of ****e!! supposedly average wage has risen to £35000 annually. How many ballers do you know earning that??
point is despite price drops we (uk ballers) r still being raped for our kit. If we were payin us prices i would buy all new and wouldnt have had to buy econd hand from rusty. surely that would please the industry moguls??
I totally agree with you, If we were all earning that there would not be a classified section lol. I think the prices for clothing is ridiculous compared to the states. Also the same goes for the guns and paint, I brought paint in the states for £15 there abouts, and it was good stuff as well, To buy a good box of paint here you have to pay about £35.

I think this government think we are all millionaires !!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Mort

The big, bad I SAID NO!!
Sep 14, 2006
Norwich
Average wage figures are clearly not bullsh!t, they don't just pick them out of thin air do they?!

rkid, I know you're special (read f*cking retarded) so I'll explain again. Prices in the USA are almost half the price because their average wage is almost half what our is...comprende?

rkid

jason
Apr 22, 2007
kettering
Average wage figures are clearly not bullsh!t, they don't just pick them out of thin air do they?!

rkid, I know you're special (read f*cking retarded) so I'll explain again. Prices in the USA are almost half the price because their average wage is almost half what our is...comprende?
Yeah but how about the people that are earning half the average wage ?