Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

question bout money??

BS, man - pure BS. You know that the new membership countries citizens need to have at least a year of continous employment before they can claim any benefits like unemployment? And even then it's a pain in the ass to go through. Council Housing? It's being done but not the way most of you guys think. I myself was offered to rent a flat in a council house which was rented by some Pakistani fellow who has long since returned home and this flat was on his name, and the guy who offered it even showed me his original ID so that you could take care of things like bills.
Wrong.

If you come here and claim 'asylum,' which is also known as 'fear of getting a job' then you are higher up the housing ladder than the genuine uk residents.

Mort

The big, bad I SAID NO!!
Sep 14, 2006
Norwich
Wrong.

If you come here and claim 'asylum,' which is also known as 'fear of getting a job' then you are higher up the housing ladder than the genuine uk residents.
Is that what The Sun told you? Asylum seekers make more money than they cost the UK overall anyway, bring more in as far as I'm concerned :D

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
anyone from an EU member state is entitle to come here and apply for social housing, at the same time we could go to Poland and apply for social housing. eu social charter sorted all that out.

the EU has common external tariff, then you have vat on top. plus all other things regarding economies of scale ect, thus a higher price in UK. However just did a bit of googleing, angel one's are near enough the same price here as they are in the usa. so its not all unfair.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
sorry

the point i was trying to make was not all of our over seas friends are here to screw the state, some actually are very proud to work for their money and support them selves. i have employed quite a few and yes there are some complete w@nkers and some are good. lets not tar them all with the same brush.
oh by the way the polish lad is on his break at the moment lazy *******.

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
Is that what The Sun told you? Asylum seekers make more money than they cost the UK overall anyway, bring more in as far as I'm concerned :D
Even if, first you need to qualify for asylum, and two, what's the percentage of EU citizens asking for asylum in regard to the total number of non-UK citizens living in the UK? I believe the numbers are in the percentile region, but if you have any exact number from a legitimate government or watchdog source then feel free to post.

You can not like the situation, but please, don't try to pass on things which are simply not true.
I've seen shows where Chavs are complaining that the immigrants take away their jobs.... I can only laugh at such a statement - Many of the jobs done by immigrants are those that the British didn't want to do anyway.

Your economy needs builders - we supply them.
Your health care system needs doctors - we supply them.
I could continue for a couple more minutes listing a lot of different jobs where there is or was a void which is filled by the immigrants.

I understand you may feel threatened since you need to put in more effort to remain attractive to prospective employers, but the reality is, your economy is growing thanks also to those people and they contribute more than it costs you.

Mort

The big, bad I SAID NO!!
Sep 14, 2006
Norwich
Even if, first you need to qualify for asylum, and two, what's the percentage of EU citizens asking for asylum in regard to the total number of non-UK citizens living in the UK? I believe the numbers are in the percentile region, but if you have any exact number from a legitimate government or watchdog source then feel free to post.

You can not like the situation, but please, don't try to pass on things which are simply not true.
I've seen shows where Chavs are complaining that the immigrants take away their jobs.... I can only laugh at such a statement - Many of the jobs done by immigrants are those that the British didn't want to do anyway.

Your economy needs builders - we supply them.
Your health care system needs doctors - we supply them.
I could continue for a couple more minutes listing a lot of different jobs where there is or was a void which is filled by the immigrants.

I understand you may feel threatened since you need to put in more effort to remain attractive to prospective employers, but the reality is, your economy is growing thanks also to those people and they contribute more than it costs you.
I was basically agreeing entirely with what you said? :eek:

bryan

walker-texas-ranger
Oct 22, 2001
south cambs
Visit site
bemused

how did this become about immigrants and asylum seekers?
which i might add their is a distinct difference. Iam a immigrant.:eek:

anyways, mort yes we will pay vat of course. but if produced in europe it wont attract us taxes as well as uk ones. i am not an expert in uk/us tax law but surely there must be some way to bring the cost of ball down.
iam making this conversation not for personal benefit but the point is rather to attract more ppl to the game. which i think cost can b a major factor.

axess

Ir3 not Ion
Jan 22, 2007
kenilworth
how did this become about immigrants and asylum seekers?
which i might add their is a distinct difference. Iam a immigrant.:eek:

anyways, mort yes we will pay vat of course. but if produced in europe it wont attract us taxes as well as uk ones. i am not an expert in uk/us tax law but surely there must be some way to bring the cost of ball down.
iam making this conversation not for personal benefit but the point is rather to attract more ppl to the game. which i think cost can b a major factor.
its a good idea, however i remember a thread on here ages ago saying how lower price = more players = more "chavs" with guns = bye bye paintball.

as a couple of people have said, paintball isn't THAT expencive. after the initial outlay of X amount ( i got everything for £190). its really only as expencive as going out clubbing for a night. people have different priorities some wish to spend money playing paintball, some wish to spend it drinking or doing other things. lower price isn't going to see a drastic increase in demand for paintball.

on the production front, I'm sure they could produce in the EU, but there not the biggest companies and have probably been producing else ware for quite along time, as such the costs of moving probably outweigh the potential profits.