Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

question bout money??

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
buddha 3 if u had of read my posts i have never said the retailers were ripping me/us off. in fact the opposite. my point which has been so easily lost is against the manufacturers and suppliers, frankly the powers that b in paintball.
this is not just a us game, the potential market in europe, asia and the southern hemisphere is huge.
so taking into account the very good points made regarding vat and import duties why isnt there a production facility in place in the eec to (eastern europe to reduce costs) avoid the problems of vat and import duty??

thx this is so much fun!!

I love mort.:D
Sorry mate, didn't mean to imply that you thought that you were being ripped off (I can see how my post can be interpreted that way, so I apologise for that).

You make a valid point in this post and in reality what you suggest is already happening. Somebody already mentioned there is not a great difference in the price of an Angel in the UK and overseas. Sure, they may be a little cheaper, but sales tax in the US is so much lower than our VAT.

I can't think of any cheap EU country based companies that make paintball gear, although there are a few that make paint, which can often be found in the lower price ranges.

There are however a number of companies in the far east that make things such as guns and even with import taxes and all that, they are still pretty cheap because of the very low costs of labour and overhead in such countries.
However, these guns tend to get overlooked by the more discerning paintballer, as they are not fashionable and the "cheap guns can't be good" mentality.

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/4423344.stm

I can be persistent too, mate :cool:
You're trying to defend your position by putting the spotlight on by showing what's actually isolated events caused by the actions of single persons.

Using that same tactic, I should say that all the Brits are lazy *******s who''s idea of good fun is getting pissed on a trip to Prague, Cracow or Budapest and dance naked on the bar table*.

As I suggested before, if you want to talk you have my contact details in the profile.

* Seen it happen, know that this is not the norm. I have friends throughout the UK and look forward to my every trip across the channel.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
25p pints? Let me know which eastern european country has beer priced like that, I'll book my flight there ;)
Yep, me too. I like larger.

Spent 2 days in Kazakhstan last week, 15 quid a coke and not the stuff that comes in powdered form. Fair enough it was in the Radisson, but it ain't all gravey in Eastern Europe / fomer Soviet states.

Cheap hookers mind, bit worried my penis will now fall off.

what were we talking about again?