Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Question for any iPhone Win 10 techheads in the hood ....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Has anyone any information as to how you can connect your laptop that is running with Windows 10 to your iPhone 6 via Bluetooth please?

I've scoured the normal forums but there are some people suggesting this inability is due to Microsoft fuhking over Apple, is there any truth to this, if not, does anyone know how to connect my laptop to my iPhone 6 via bluettoth?
Pretty please ....?

Cheers

PS I know it's not a paintball question but I have to know before I tear all my hair out trying to connect them both .... Oooops, too late :/

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
That...is a damn fine question. Best bet is to connect via USB cable. If you're trying to connect it remotely due to a specific reason like, it's a media PC and you want to stream media, I'd say make sure itunes is up to date and/or just trying to add the iphone as a normal bluetooth harddrive. Put the PC in discovery mode, and see if the phone can see it and vica versa. It may work one way and not the other.

For example I had to put a bluetooth speaker in FIND ME mode and find it with my phone, and not the other way. Maybe it's the same with the PC?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Spikerz,
thanks for the reply but I've tried the things you suggest but the laptop doesn't see the iPhone and the iPhone doesn't see the laptop.
All the drivers and software are up to date too - I've also tried connecting via a USB iPhone cable but I can get the laptop [Using Win 10] to see the iPhone but I'm unable to transfer files of any sort - It's a pain in the proverbial and whilst I believe all conspiracy theorists suffer from some childhood emotional trauma, this Microsoft/Apple thingy is gaining more traction in my head .... I just hope someone comes to my rescue before I start believing that 9-11 was a governmental put-up job :eek:
Thanks anyway Spike ....

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I don't think that Apple realy support Bluetooth and phone/pc connections

Primarily they want us to use iTunes and to sync between your iTunes and phone. Wifi sync with iTunes is supported, but it often fails me and using the cable is more reliable
Again this will only work provided the files are the right types that iTunes will let you transfer. Plus for certain types it's one way only - eg for photos you can sync phone to pc but I don't think you can sync pc to phone - what you should be able to do is send from pc to iCloud and then to the phone from iCloud

A couple of alternative methods are Dropbox and ftp
With Dropbox, just copy on your pc to a shared or private Dropbox folder and then use the phones Dropbox app to synchronize (via wifi and the Internet etc)
With ftp you will want a suitable phone app and ftp software on your pc. Eg I use gplayer on my phone for videos which supports ftp
Enable an ftp connection and it's usually a drag & drop interface to transfer files

A very rough and ready method is to email the files as attachments to yourself and then save and open them with the appropriate apps on your phone

Reactions: Alansonit

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Any possibility you can email the files from one to the other?

*edit* OOPS!!! Just saw Tom said that in the last line.....

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi H,
yeah, it's an audio book in 5 parts, each of around 30 meg each file; it was just the convenience thing really because I've always got my laptop in front of me with my mobile right next to it.
I shall now have to transfer the files with an alternate method it seems, cheers anyway H.

Thanks also to Tom and Jimbo ....

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Just a small addition , if the name of your phone has any punctuation in it Windows doesn't like it , may make no difference but it stopped me being able to connect over Wifi

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Hi H,
yeah, it's an audio book in 5 parts, each of around 30 meg each file; it was just the convenience thing really because I've always got my laptop in front of me with my mobile right next to it.
I shall now have to transfer the files with an alternate method it seems, cheers anyway H.

Thanks also to Tom and Jimbo ....
Dropbox should work, it will depend on the audio book format, but if its as simple as MP3 sound files then its possible to play MP3s from the iPhone dropbox app.

It will just mean creating an account if you aren't already on DropBox (A free account should have plenty space for this) and the time it takes to upload / download the 150 meg. I would recommend only sending the current part at first - DropBox doesn't upload in any particular order, so at least by sending the part you're currently on then you know that will sync and let you start listening when you send the rest.

Reactions: H