Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Question on DM9 eyepipe in DM8?

webwalker

Walkin' the Web
Feb 12, 2007
$lough, Berks
Hey Dye dudes,

I am going to treat myself and get a new gat. I got the choice down to a 2nd hand DM8 with DM9 eyepipe upgrade, a new DM9, and a PM8.

I was wondering how much more performance a DM9 has over a 2nd hand DM8 with the DM9 eyepipe?

Also will the new eyepipe fit a PM8?

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Hey dude.

First off you've got great taste in shooters ;)
Secondly great to see there are other ballers in slough woop!

Out of the three guns you've chosen I'd basically say if you have the dollar go for the Dm9. They are the lightest and smallest matrixes to date while still packing more features an innovation than ever.

Heres the man TommyG, who made this vid just for you to explain in further details the advantages of the Dm9

[youtube]03wMXldJ-qg[/youtube]

However if you're on a bit of a budget check out this Camo PM8
http://slothball.com/viewprod.php?displayprod=1518
Still an awesome shooter and in a fancy anno scheme too, ideal for the baller on a bit more of a budget.

As for the 08 detent system, I ran a DM8 for the majority of last season and never had any issues with my eyepipe or detents. However some guys on the team did manage to spin their magnets around which proved to be a nightmare to sort out. The 09 system is just a great example of Dye reacting to player feedback.

which ever gun you decide to go with I'm sure it'll serve you well

Jack

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
I would go for the DM9 over a DM8 + upgraded eyepipe. At the end of the day, the DM9 is smaller and shoots nicer than a DM8 and you'll have the piece of mind of a warranty.

P.S. I haven't compared a DM9 eyepipe against a PM8 one yet, so I can't give you an answer - hopefully Ash can hook you up with the lowdown.

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
For the money, a second hand dm8 @ £300ish with a £15 upgrades the best money you can spend!

I'v shot the DM9 and its a very lovley shoota indeed, if you really got the cash to spend double the price of a second hand DM8 then sure go for it.
I'v also shot the PM8, and its an fantastic gun at a new price, but I wonder weather they'll be bringing out PM9's?

Oh they also all use the same fusebolt design (but not size) a very good design imo!

The gun only makes you 8% a better player, i'd happilly go out and play with my stock ion instead to have fun. If you go get the DM8 u'll have more money to spend on paint, thats the best way to improve moreover then spending shedloads on a new gun imo, more practise you get, the better you'll become moreover then having a top of the range gun and been poorer. Support your fellow ballers and go second hand :D