Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Question to the Workshy on the board

I never had a problem keeping my kit in halls or with security (just finished my first second year so not in halls anymore)

Plus you'd be surprised how much you can cram into your room when you want to, so room prob won't be a problem. I managed to get my full marshall guitar stack in my room in halls much to the discust of everyone living around me.

Also some of the rooms in the halls at Nottingham trent Polly....sorry uni :D are quite big. I had some mates that went their and one of them had a huge double room to himself :mad: Which halls you in?

In responce to the tax thing, the idea of going to uni is to get a better paid job (if you do a propper degree), the more you earn the more tax you pay. So theoreticaly we should pay all the money back/more through tax later on. Until then you'll be pleased to know you tax money funded me a nice new shiney Eclipse cocker ;)

-EDD

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
never met any sociology/ecology/art/history/media studies etc... students have you?

More of a way of avoiding job club for an extra three years. Well, five with resits.

LOL actually my bro has just graduated from Newport uni doing animation. Final year 3 hours of lectures a week, and in one of them the just watched cartoons such as the simpsons and family guy! I knew i would regret it when i put physics on my ucas form! :D

Although next year i plan to write an essay on the 'physics of paintball' and do it properly not like that web site which clams to av looked into it. But saying that i'll prob be too lazy and just re-hash one of my old essays with re-written parts off several web pages ;) ..... "plegerism (sp) is a crime and will be delt with harshly" :(

-EDD

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Edd Hobday
In responce to the tax thing, the idea of going to uni is to get a better paid job (if you do a propper degree), the more you earn the more tax you pay.
pity for D6 then....he only did a degree in forensic archeology and then his masters.....damn them debts!

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
TC's girlfriend hijacking his logon for a mo...

I'll be in my final year of civils at Trent uni in September. I'll see you there (but I'm doing it part-time so I probably won't see you actually). Don't mean to worry you but are they going to have the staff to run the course? Everyone seems to have retired or left for other uni's where they can do less teaching and more research. don't think there's anyone to do fluids, highways or public health anymore without a struggle. I guess they wouldn't be running the course still if they couldn't. College was the same so I guess it's like that everywhere anyway. Just be prepared for things not to be perfect.

Which halls you in? They have security measures but they are easy to get round. At the halls I was in there was a security gate, then a security door to the building, then the locked flat door then your room door. But students can be retarded - right at the start of the year when we had been warned about people coming in, me and a mate made it from outside the gate into someone elses frontroom with people just holding doors open for us and never asking who we were, then the flat in question had been left unlocked. Having said that, if you keep your stuff away in your room and your room lock I don't see a problem. Though it would help if you don't let tards leave your flat unlocked.

Like people have said, your parents house insurance is the best bet. You may find that all your stuff will already be covered (mine was) or adding particularly expensive stuff on should be easy.

desponge

weekend warrior
Aug 6, 2003
Darlington
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
never met any sociology/ecology/art/history/media studies etc... students have you?

no ,thats 'cause the're behind the counter of your local burgerking,kfc,pizza hut or mcdonalds:D :D

Andy

F*ck Those Guys
Jul 6, 2001
never had a problem when i was in halls keeping my kit in my room. but then again i slept all day so was in alot :D :D :D

nah just remember to lock your door when you leave not that hard to remember once youve done it a few times :p :p