Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Questions about automag rt

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
I'm finally going to move up to a higher end marker (sick of being laughed at when i go to the field). I have been offered a good deal on an RT that is not very old, and in great shape. So I did the smart thing and came here and read as many posts about Automags as I could find.

While that did answer a lot of my questions about the Automags in general, and the RT specifically, I am still uncertain about a few things. Mainly, what is "short stroking the trigger"? And how does one go about fixing a short stroke (insert dick jokes here)?

Overall, would you suggest an Automag RT to someone who's used to playing with, cleaning and maintaining spyders and tippmanns?

Thank you for any help.

Gunga

Jan 19, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Shortstroking is when you don't fully release the trigger before you pull on it again. It usually ends up in a chopped ball.

So, shortstroking isn't something that you need to 'fix'. You'll just have to learn the trigger. And with an RT, you shouldn't have too much of a problem, since the trigger will kick back out or 'react'.

If you want more opinions on this and the RT in general, you'd probably be better off posting your questions at AGD's forum located at: http://www.automags.org

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
Well cleaning mags is easy, you just oil them before the games and between games wipe off any paint that may be on the outside and in the bolt area.

Then at the end of the day clean it, check the bolt for paint etc. And if you want check the o-rings - though they should be alright because you have to run RT's on air.

You'll find more infomation at www.automags.org

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
I have an RT and have never really suffered from short stroking.
To be honest I havent found any problems with it at all. What I do recommend is to contact AGD and ask them to send you the RT video. Watch it a few times then learn how to strip your marker. Damaged o rings cause 99% of the problems with RT's.
It may be a good idea to buy a RT spares kit and peplace all of the o rings when you get your marker. Not only does this ensure that none are damaged, but it also gives you practice in changing them. To clean an RT after the game, just make sure it is gassed up then put it in the shower. Thats what I do.