Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Questions about the communication

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Its not a priority in most games, but for example in rome this year one of our guys won a 2 on 1 from the pit side purely because one of our players dave was shouting so loud the opposition couldnt hear their coach tell them where our guy was, even although they were spectator side.
He really was not a fan of that.

Reactions: hipjaw and Liam92

Marin

Jun 6, 2014
Guys I want ask you what do you call when your snake player will be bunkered? Do you use any additional code or you just call something like "he's coming" ? We use "bomb" but I'm not sure that it works good enough. When we make special drills for the communication it is OK but in real game it's different. We don't have enough experience and in our days the coaching is from the dorito side and this makes the things more complicated.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Guys I want ask you what do you call when your snake player will be bunkered? Do you use any additional code or you just call something like "he's coming" ? We use "bomb" but I'm not sure that it works good enough. When we make special drills for the communication it is OK but in real game it's different. We don't have enough experience and in our days the coaching is from the dorito side and this makes the things more complicated.
by convention 'mugger' has become a standard for someone bunkering anywhere on the field. But it doesn't matter, so long as your team consistently use the same word (like bomb) and will react to it immediately no matter what field you're playing on then it will work.

Marin

Jun 6, 2014
Guys, can you recommend me any ideas, exercises or tips to improve the talking during the game? Unfortunately all players in our team don't communicate enough. We've tried some things but the result isn't what we want.

I’m very impressed by communication skills in “Wired” videos:

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Guys, can you recommend me any ideas, exercises or tips to improve the talking during the game? Unfortunately all players in our team don't communicate enough. We've tried some things but the result isn't what we want.

I’m very impressed by communication skills in “Wired” videos:
The Wired videos are really good to be honest when the players are not pissing around the best thing to do is train to communicate, Teams always train to win the game it doesn't matter if you win or loose the game if your training communication, If the coach gives me limited information suck as G count and location its very easy to work out what your next move can be

see below our teams bunker names for the next CPPS event.

the corners are typically back left back right every event the names slightly change but they stay on the same side of the field, Orange and apple will always be the first bunkers left and right, the door is always the bunker before entering the snake.

upload_2015-4-15_10-17-5.png

Reactions: Marin

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
If you have a closed practice, have a coach stand at the back and help prod people verbally. Say things like "What bunkers are hot" "What's the count" "Who's on bag 1?" You don't even need guns or paint to do these drills. Also if people aren't listening, coach can shoot people in the rear to help motivate :D

Getting into the habit of communicating, answering those questions, will go a long way in improving overall communication.

Normally a back center player helps relay the calls from each side of the field. Basically acting as a repeater, and also he/she can see the majority of the field and will initiate most calls.

So as a back player, I'd call 2 d-side, or 3 snake on break out, by looking at how many guys are aiming each direction. On the break I'd be yelling (in example above) Orange, bag 1 hot. Kill 1 orange, (teammate) look inside, or wrap on bag1.
I'd probably hear things like, "back left, and snake 1", So I'd yell out "back left, back left, snake 1 snake 1 snake 1"

Normally I'd repeat kill counts and major bunker moves 3 times so people can process what I'm saying.
Also try and pitch your voice lower, it's easier to understand.

I've heard some players get excited and climb like 4 octaves when they yell and it's just like listening to a kettle scream. You can't understand a thing.

Reactions: Marin