Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Racegun vs. Sandridge vs. others

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Flash-Bugout
No disrespect to the guy, but IMHO Mr Wood is probably going to be a little biased towards the E-Blade :)

I've got to hold my hand up (just like when I try to play paintballball ;) ) and admit that I'm a huge fan of the race frame, BUT, I'm in no way whatsoever linked to the company that makes them.

I'm eagerly awaiting a go on an e-blade, and by the sounds of it, they're gonna be good, but as I've already got the raceframe, and I'm about to have my cocker drilled for the ACE, I think I'll stay a race fan for a while yet :D
It is very...very nice though. It appears to be using a similar electronic switch as a replacement for the 3 way, in a nice chromed mounting. The trigger is a magnet jobbie with an optical switch, it's got a nice little screen in the back of the grip with shot rates and timer etc and it's fricken' fast, (theortically 20bps, I think they said they've had it up to 16bps). The down side as I saw it is the prototype triggers a bit short so it's not easy to walk it, it needs custom wrap arounds and they keep telling me it won't have a warp interface :( Though if we pester them enough..........;)

It also comes with a neat, read FAR nicer than Race's, ACE included in the price.

I've been a fan of the race frame since the early write up in PGI, just haven't been able to justify the massive price of it, watching the price go up didn't help, and frankly I was wondering if it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy an impulse vision. The E-Blade looks, (if the final version gets some of the mods mentioned above) it'll be a real winner in the cocker e-grip market.

Race might simply find themselves priced out of the market at roughly £200 - £300 more for the frame + ACE add on. That'd be a shame 'cause they put a LOT of work into that baby and I think it's got a few more bells and whistles in the setting up side.

Time will tell, besides it's easier for me to get to Manchester from Warrington than it is to Denmark....though some days on the way to work I do wonder!!

:D

paintballkid159

Jun 23, 2002
Knoxville,Tennessee USA
Visit site
Personally I like the sandridge. Although I am a little biased since I own one. Their costomer service isn't bad at all when I sent mine in to have the kit put on one of their see through bodies it took them two weeks to get it done and that includes shipping time shipping ups ground which took 3 days both ways. And as for the reliability, it's not bad at all I haven't had a problem out of it. The trigger is the same as an angel but it has a higher rate of fire do to the eye.

Adam

pbjosh

Aug 3, 2002
www.amped-markers.com
I am going to copy my post from the other E-Cocker question over here but added one thing about Eyes:

Hey all!

Okay, E-Grips for the Cocker.

First, in reply to the original question:

There are 6 grips for the Cockers.

Sandridge, Racegun, Proteam, PGI Firestorm, Centerflag Uprising, and now the E-Blade.

All bolt on except for the Sandridge, that requires a bit at the shop. And the Centerflag needs to be sent in to time. I don't know much about the Proteam.

There is alot of different things about all of them, and I could write about 3 pages describing each.

Abit about the speed of the guns-

As long as the Electronics doesn't hold back the gun, the mechanics are the only thing defining the speed of the gun.

Centerflag and PGI affect the timing a bit differently that the Racegun, E-blade, and Sandy. They are potentally faster because of design. It isn't the grip. The grip just releases the potential. So, if a Sandy can shoot 18bps, so can the Race and the Eclipse.

Here are the factors.

Ram- this is the Heart of the gun. A good ram is the real deciding factor for speed. Normally a ram takes 35 ms to open, making you ROF about 10 bps or so. A good ram will allow you to run 26ms, and a great ram will open your gun in the teens.

Feed- Load time! A HALO or Warp feed gun only takes 8-10 ms to load, while a Vl takes 25-35.

Eye types- The Racegun Eye is the ONLY version that has a True Optical Cutoff Eye. Everything (even the E-Blade) is Reflective, and simply not as reliable, because they are affected by paint type and even if you run a clear hopper you will have to adjust the sensitivty. A true optical cut off IS faster.

Keep the mass low for the cocking parts, keep the bolt moving slick and the hammer spring medium to light, that is what makes high ROF, no matter which E-grip you run.

Here is the timing sheet for the Racegun, should be just the same for a E-blade:

http://www.amped-markers.com/race/timing.htm

Josh