Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Racism in paintball

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
Cowface1812,
you are quite correct when you say that the Swastika was a Jewish sign, as a matter of fact it can still be found on some ancient Jewish temples. But it was not only Jewish, it was primarily an Occult symbol until that nut-case Hitler decided to use it as a sign of so called 'Ayran' supremacy. Look how that turned out, a World War with millions dead.

So, Cowface1812,when YOU see a Swastika what immediately do YOU think of?

Peace?? I don't think so.

There is no place in our sport for any sign,swastika or otherwise, that would indicate/incite racist hate or any type of prejudice, especially in these troubled times.

Keep the Peace.

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
i agree with u JC but i have use the swastika sign in other things but not resembling the nazi. so they could be doing the same, and the nazi isnt a cult,, nazi was the name of the political party in the years that hitler came to power, and hitler used the sign as the sweeds used it at the start, cos if u watch or c pictures of german headquarters in berlin u c that sign being blown up and it was the sign of how it was first used and in the german parades around berlin or german meetings, not the swastika that was in a diagnerly way...

Tom

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
One thing that you must remember is that paintball is first and foremost something played by people. That means that within paintball being filled with people you will run into the problems that people have that you see elsewhere: *******s, cheaters, thieves, panderers, hypocrites, snobs, morons, and in this instance racists. However, I don't believe this to be more than a tiny fraction of people that play. By a huge margin, the majority of paintball players I've known in my time of playing have been extremely friendly and considerate people, very helpful and accepting. But certainly there are bad things that people display as part of their personality while playing paintball, and if racism comes out it's no more excusable there than elsewhere.

True, paintball isn't as mixed a bunch as society as a whole is. Why is this? Well, people hang out with who their friends are and people like themselves. Why don't more of a certain group play paintball? Simple, because none of their peers are in it already. Is it racially biased? No. It depends on the person. I play with people of different origin at my field all the time and am great friends with them. It's just a question of interest. If someone isn't interested in paintball to begin with, would I drag someone into it just to make the profile of players more diverse? No, nor would I endorse anyone forcing anything. Open invitation by all means is the way to go, but it's an invitation. I don't turn away anyone nor do any other players I know personally, but we can't make someone join us either. It's all personal decision. No one is stopping anyone from playing, it's just the question as to who wants to play.

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
I would agree with most of your points, Killeronion, except the one where you would not 'turn away anyone'.

Would racist remarks or slogans/signs/symbols be permitted in any other sport?? NO.
Yes, we all know it happens but there are consequences to be faced if the offence is proved.

Then why should it be permitted in Paintball?

We all want our Sport to progress and these past few years it has with the media coverage involved. The last thing we need is a group of 'Charles Mansons' running about with Swastikas tattooed on there foreheads.

If we are to be taken seriously as a Sport, all forms of racism/prejudice need to be discouraged and this needs to start at the grass-roots level, i.e the local rental site.

Just my thoughts.

Keep the Peace.

bartmanmark

Aug 31, 2001
north yorkshire
Visit site
:cool:

i must agree there is no need for racism in this or any other sport and it should not be tolerated!!
im new to this but so far the people ive met are a good group of people who have been very helpfull and full of advice and thats the way i hope it stays

bartman team trigger happy

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Agreed, no racism or malice should be directed at anyone. Stuff that's pretty blatant like swastikas or anything explicitly intending malice towards people for non-individually determined reasons shouldn't be tolerated. However, we shouldn't cross the line that you might unwittingly be headed towards by doing so by instituting censorship. Censorship SUCKS. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, it sucks and has no rightful place anywhere. Cracking down on all that may be offensive seems at first a good idea to some, but that is the essence of censorship, which often fields of expression like paintball are often attacked and decimated by.

For example, someone might think KAPP's full name, Kickass Paintball Products, is offensive. It's part of our game! We find it cool, to the point, and expressive. Some others might find certain skull, bone, and animal type jerseys offensive because they think they're based on violent concepts. Yet if you censor that stuff, you destroy the colorfulness of our game, making it another boring, politically correct, sissified, no-balls atmosphere that no one that plays the game now would want to be around. That's the sort of emasculating that's happening to society right before our very eyes, and I for one refuse to let it screw up what I enjoy in my life. You should too. All this non-aggression Prozac'd up no-fat, no red meat, no animal tested, tofu burger, PC New-age limpness crap has gone too far, and it should stop at the doorsteps of paintball and be put to death and left for the buzzards.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Definition of individually determined reasons

To clarify what I mean by non-individually determined reasons [to look down on someone], I mean stuff that people can't do anything about and do not adversely impact their nature as a human being. Characteristics like race, age, religion, etc. should not be held as a determining factor of someone as a person EITHER POSITIVELY OR NEGATIVELY. Yes, as bad as racism is, preferential treatment (I guess positive racism?) can exist, as well as the highly prevalent but rarely addressed issue of counter-racism.

Individually determined reasons [to not like someone] including voluntary stupidity, obnoxiousness, body odor (Hey, you can shower ya know, so yes it is their fault!), hypocrisy, meanness, dishonesty, etc, I think you should be allowed to show distaste for without fear of someone complaining, but those in favor of censorship would probably encroach upon free expression thereof. For example, anyone should be allowed to say F*** Bin Laden on however big and colorful a poster as they want! Similarly anything or anyone deserving hate, why should anyone complain if in fact someone expresses what said parties deserve?

Inferno

Paintball Addict
Media coverage

Paintball is supposed to a fun sport, but the media has already drawn the similarites between it and practicing killing people. The media catching on to racism in paintball will be ten times more detrimental to the sport than King of Queens was.
These people are going to screw up my fun, because eventually some reporter is going to want to get the next big story. When that happens, we're all going to be very pissed off, because we can kiss the chances of our great sport ever gaining acceptance to the masses good-bye.