Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ram cap

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
Hi guys need a little help, am tryin to get the ram cap off my creed, tried alsorts an just can't get it off, it was an Alan key but thats now rounded off, I've hammered a screw driver in so it creates a grove yet still can't budge the bloody thing, any help wud be amazing because its really starting to do my head in

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
there was a time this happened with my EGO then I was told to araldite an allen Key to it, to which I did then that rounded off even bigger so then I drilled into it, I still couldn`t get it off then I thought I`d get to it from the inside Once I`ve taken it all apart, still couldn`t get it off, sent it to Planet in the end only to be told Oh yeah that was easy ? ? I should have done that in the first place as It`s been perfect ever since.

Reactions: fathead

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Sound a bit daft but is there any air still in the marker. If it's pressurised the ram cap is going no where!

Have you any torx bits? These are star shaped keys, sometimes they have more grip and can help with rounded fittings.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
torx bit with chemical metal should do the trick, but u wont be using the bit agian

Last edited:

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
I've done exactly the same in the past. Once it's over-tightened, it isn't budging.

I ended up taking mine into Vanguard, where Jason swore at it like a trooper, but it took whacking in a torx bit screwdriver with a plastic mallet to get it loose. Bonus was, I was in the best place for a replacement ram cap and picked up a spare parts kit while I was watching Demon grip frames being milled.

The best advice is when you do get it sorted, just tighten it until it goes snug. Then undo it just to make sure you can, then re-tighten it to where it was... If that makes sense...

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
Yeah tried all of the above, doin my head in, no air in the marker, first thing I checked, I don't recall righting it to much as I strip it down after every use, so doin my tits in now, I've just got a demon now so least got another marker for the tourny, got a spare cap waiting just need it off now, it's just laughing at me which is the frustrating thing lol

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
This happened to mine last week :)

2 ways

I hammered a Torx bit it in the rammer cap and unscrewed it. I found if the one i hammered in didnt work i just used a bigger one
or
Simply get a flat head screwdriver and tap it into the ram cap, then you will be able to twist it out

The top one worked for me

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
Done to screw drive one it just laughed at me, lol, will see if I can find a torx bit if not sure one of the boys will have one

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
Hi guys got the cap off at last, used the torx screw bit took a good bit of force to get it off, I must of over tightened it with out realising it, my bad, but it will be comin up for sale now, an u will see a nice one off creed??? As I've now got a demon an decided I don't need 2 markers