Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ramping at dartford

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Originally posted by martin
i meen get over it n the nicest way not aimed at you in person more a sweeping statment this has been done to death it just getting a little same old. This debate came round when semi's were introduced its no different so i mean get over as in move on its here to stay as long as people will cheat. No offense ment

[/B][/QUOTE]

Where do you get that it's here to stay
Only 1 out of 6 UK events play this rule
The UK Jaguars are priviliged to be able to play
in the Pro League and you guys are deemed good
enough to play at that level with ramping markers
Doesn't mean that everybody else in the country is though

martin

am member
Dec 12, 2001
Visit site
k

priviliged is a interesting word to use there. We are not privilige at all we worked dame hard to get into the pro bracket we did not get there through priviliged. Like i said ramping is here to stay as long as people cheat and can not be court. Thats my opion. one more thing the pro tour is semi only.

Originally posted by Dark Warrior
Where do you get that it's here to stay
Only 1 out of 6 UK events play this rule
The UK Jaguars are to be able to play
in the Pro League and you guys are deemed good
enough to play at that level with ramping markers
Doesn't mean that everybody else in the country is though [/B][/QUOTE]

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by Dark Warrior

People also talk about progress but moving to ramping is not progress, it's a temporary fix to negate the effect cheater boards have on the game. Ramping may have its place in paintball but to class something that is in between semi and full auto as progress means that you would rather just play the game on full auto
A mode of play that has been tried and failed so is that not regresson no progression

Ramping is progress!

It removes the advantage designer cheats give and evens the field - progress.
It provides a more TV/spectator friendly game - progress.
It complements the best game format x-ball - progress.

I was also thinking (an effort I know) ;) but I can't remember when full auto was tried and failed?

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
Fair play....

Both Martin and Sykes have come up with persuasive arguments. The only problem i can see is with weak marshalling and the overshooting problem. Lets face it at domestic tournies 1 for 1's are fairly rare. Not a problem if you play millenniums (Germany was proper harsh last year on 1 for 1's) but the lesser leagues where commitment is "questionable" sometimes is a problem. Last one we played on of my team took something like 10-12 hits and was a little upset about it. All the other team got was "don't do it again"

I'm still not convinced but if this is moving with the times if think i'm off to buy a new baord for me shooter!

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Originally posted by sykesg
Ramping is progress!

I was also thinking (an effort I know) ;) but I can't remember when full auto was tried and failed?
Not in this country but in the USA it was tried and in most States they reverted back to Semi

Why do we need ramping when a ROF cap is all that was required

martin

am member
Dec 12, 2001
Visit site
because

it does not stop gun cheats!!!!
cap at 15 bps is only half there solution if one guy is ramping to get the has the advantage the one who is not is disadvantaged. If you know a way of stopping gun cheats to solve all our problems please do tell?

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Fair play....

Originally posted by KEN@AFGM
Last one we played on of my team took something like 10-12 hits and was a little upset about it. All the other team got was "don't do it again"
Sad but true, it may be the best location with the best logistics in the world but a tourney is only ever as good as it's marshals.