Ramping at the PA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

figment

AKA Sinbad
Jan 22, 2002
Grantham
ok my 2 pence worth !!!!

why the pro div or div 1 and 2 use ramping ??

there are players in all div's who play above those div's outside the PA and been playing years who know what there getting into .

i have to say a lot of the refing was pants though one field only crono three players from a team some guys not been to crono on these fields at all ... were the refs on field like the rest of us not sure what to exspect .

Russ spoke to me last weekend at masters asked me what i thought all i said was ill wait and see on the day and to be honest i didnt see that much of a problem ,

as soon as you get used to ramping i think it will be ok.

(remember pumps to semi's )

also i think by having the ramping the skills have changed but hey .

P.S got to be better for the old gits who got slow fingers .!!!!!

nickp

Feb 27, 2002
Manchester, UK
teamrdx.co.uk
didn't see a problem with the ramping... okay we lose one skill (fast fingers) but as we found out it means we need to look at other skills..

From reading the thread it seems some people might have bypassed the chrono, I must admit I thought on sunday there would be nothing to stop me from just walking onto the field without chroning.... with the introduction of arm bands could these be put on by the chrono judge or an assistant once a Player had been chrono'd...

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
Played with and against the ramping boards and it was great.
Games moving quicker, not one bit of skill lost. Got bunkered by two ramping guns and have to be honest, yes a few extra balls but no more pain than usual.

I was very concerned about the ramping rule but having now seen it in action, lov`in it.

The chunkster.

Kevin

MK Storm
Apr 12, 2002
Leeds
www.stormpaintballteam.co.uk
mad dog,
it seems you want everything straight away,
the pa are trying to attract spectators, they cant just go to the local town and kidnap people and make them watch, its like field of dreams 'if you build it they will come' the pa are trying their best to build it but it will take time..
how about next leg every player brings 1 person to watch ?
that would create a bit of an atmosphere.

the id cards will come. and not having them isnt really an issue is it ? its not like you havent got something you have paid for. as they have said the first card will be free but they will charge for replacements.

they did have a device for measuring the bps. and i believe they are getting more for the next leg, so if players want to risk it they can and probably will, but they will have to accept the penalties.

some of the refs are inexperienced, they got a lot better this round and will continue to improve. while you a russling up the supporters why not get some top refs as well.

if there are issues of safety and you have proof why not take it to the manufacturer ?? then they can try and fix it and no one will be hurt and everyone is happy.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
No problems here with the ramping issue. I found the day to be fast, aggressive and fun.

The ramping guns allowed the player to concentrate on the game more, allowing for more moves, more pressure and better spectator enjoyment/involvement.

One complaint though......I asked for dancing girls, and I didnt get any and Im completely pi$$ed off with the PA for not providing them. DAMN YOU PA!!!!! :p

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
Originally posted by Kevin
mad dog,
it seems you want everything straight away,
the pa are trying to attract spectators, they cant just go to the local town and kidnap people and make them watch, its like field of dreams 'if you build it they will come' the pa are trying their best to build it but it will take time..
how about next leg every player brings 1 person to watch ?
that would create a bit of an atmosphere.

the id cards will come. and not having them isnt really an issue is it ? its not like you havent got something you have paid for. as they have said the first card will be free but they will charge for replacements.

they did have a device for measuring the bps. and i believe they are getting more for the next leg, so if players want to risk it they can and probably will, but they will have to accept the penalties.

some of the refs are inexperienced, they got a lot better this round and will continue to improve. while you a russling up the supporters why not get some top refs as well.

if there are issues of safety and you have proof why not take it to the manufacturer ?? then they can try and fix it and no one will be hurt and everyone is happy.
To exsplain I am moaning yes, pain in the ass yes.... cant spell through frustration yes.

I think I may seek help through counciling, and I wont be playing the next PA event I am sure of this...

This time last year was full of all sorts of promises, and yet this year has seen an increase of payment for playing, they have opened up a lot of new areas in the sport to play, and I take my Hat off to HAtts for achieving some good results.

But business is business, and as a team manager last year heard about all sorts of stuff being done and we are yet to see it, if you promise something and you are taking the money come forward with the product or hand the money back straight and simple, its called value for money or shall we sit there and let another year go bye and wait for spectator stands and safe areas.

Fields to be moved as in 4 and 5 where you could spectate if you had protective gear on.

Yes there was issues with goggles but I was aware of this and thought the professional approach was to talk to the organisor I was wrong.

Maybe we will see what we will see,

xXx

Jun 7, 2004
UK
Visit site
PA's "Magic Devices"

No they just wanted you to believe that is what it does i know of 3 different peoples markers that fire at well above 20bps and 2 of them where checked with the so called measuring device and oh guess what quote "thats bang on mate cheers" so bollocks does it measure anything other than the size of the imagination of behind the person using it.

I looked into this and it has been confirmed to me that these devices are not measuring the rate of fire, the person who confirmed this actually deals with the devices they where using and found it highly amusing.

I will hand them this though, the devices did what they wanted them to coz most the players believed it. The

figment

AKA Sinbad
Jan 22, 2002
Grantham
kevin

there are two large towns near by i live in one but to be honest never seen anything in the local rag about it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.