Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ramping like a pro

Arkitech

Star in the hood
Feb 28, 2008
I am really struggling to ramp my gun constantly a ion xe.

I cant seem to ramp constantly, maybe its my technique but i struggle with 2 fingers, i practise alot but just cant seem to kick it in often.

any tips for a newb to electric gats?

Arkitech

Star in the hood
Feb 28, 2008
stock xe bar the freak barrel, settings for ramp set to zero so should be able to max, i can ramp it once or abit but struggle to keep it there and get it back again.

i do use only 1 finger on the trigger, always have, struggle to use two :p

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Well there's your problem. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe stock Ion's can only be set to Millennium ramping (I could be wrong there though), but if that's the case then you have to achieve 7.5 pulls per second to activate and maintain ramping. That's gonna take 2 fingers. Play with your trigger settings so it's nice and light (the joy of electro gats!) and then practice 2 finger pulls whenever you're bored (on the bus etc.) by drumming your fingers alternately on a surface. It took me a while to get my fingers working, but it's really easy once you get used to it. Alternatively you can get a board that allows PSP ramping (only 4 pulls a second and a 1-second-1-pull reactivation period) and you'll have no problems with that.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
I thought they used a rebound setting(USA and UK boards differ) rather than ramping and if the trigger is set properly they ramp very easily.
The trigger is prolly the issue as Dev says.

Viper9201

Oct 4, 2006
And don't start off trying to go at super speeds. Get a nice constant rhythm going with the two fingers first, as in get the timing between taps the same, then slowly work on speeding that up. I found it much easier to learn that way.