Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Re~chargeable packs...Any good.?

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Having 9.8v will have a negligable effect on your hopper but it's what happens as the cells lose power that matters.
Having 1000Mah will only mean that it'll last longer so that's good.

I've just bought one so i'll let you know how it goes.;)

Rather uncannily i was actually looking into building my own battery pack but so far it was going to cost me £18.80 just for the cells alone without the charger.
I must admit it was only a side project that i was going to get round to one day but as i could buy a pack posted for £1 less than my cells from my cell suppliers, i thought why the hell not.
Now lets see how rubbish it all is:rolleyes:

Beer + ebay = trouble with the wife
beer + The £5 sale = an ass whoopin when all the stuff turns up:eek::D:D:D

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
Having 9.8v will have a negligable effect on your hopper but it's what happens as the cells lose power that matters.

Rather uncannily i was actually looking into building my own battery pack but so far it was going to cost me £18.80 just for the cells alone without the charger.
I must admit it was only a side project that i was going to get round to one day but as i could buy a pack posted for £1 less than my cells from my cell suppliers, i thought why the hell not.

thing is, the bone packs use to fry boards with a output of 9.6v. If your willing to try mate, knock yourself out :p

Its deffo a cheaper option than a bone pack.

-James

EDit; thanks Jack for your help the other night man, finally sourced a Myth reg :)

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk

Lol...only happy to have helped...:D

Cliff...:)

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
thing is, the bone packs use to fry boards with a output of 9.6v. If your willing to try mate, knock yourself out :p

Its deffo a cheaper option than a bone pack.

-James

EDit; thanks Jack for your help the other night man, finally sourced a Myth reg :)
Now that you've mentioned it i'll test the voltage difference between a set of duracells and this pack.
If it's a problem then i'll chuck a resistor in, but half a volt shouldn't make that much difference but it may do when it's freshly charged.....i'll let you know:cool:

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
6 AA's are 9.0v, 2 9v's are 9.4v.

friedboardmdogg2xq7.jpg

9.6v is the perfect power, i dont think 9.8v will do much damage, but its above the recommended input.

These things will probo work without fault, was just making people aware of what could happen (very unlikely).

-James