The Home Of European Paintball

Re: Geo G-R2 Enhancement Kit

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Geo G-R2 Enhancement Kit

Mail-in or Register on-line for the "New G-R2 Enhancement Kit" once you have purchased your "Eclipse Geo Marker"

Since the release of the Geo we have been making small subtle changes to various components to enhance the performance and reliability of the marker. Having reached a stage where all of the modifications have been thoroughly tested and approved by our sponsored teams and beta testers, amongst others, we are now ready to release information of the G-R2 Enhancement Kit.

The G-R2 Enhancement Kit comprises of the following components:
1 x G-R2 Prop Shaft Assembly
1 x G-R2 Inline Piston
8 x Patched Eye Cover/Rubber Grip Screw
1 x Patched Rear Frame Screw

So why would I need one?
The Geo has been performing really well out in the field. But with feedback from our extensive range of service centers and sponsored teams from around the world as well as feedback from fellow Geo users we have been very keen to look at, and improve on, any issues. Based on that feedback, the G-R2 kit has been assembled to address these issues in one tidy enhancement kit.

Lead Designer: Jack Wood said “At Planet Eclipse we want our products to be the best that they can be. We are constantly taking feedback from a multitude of sources and with that information we are constantly looking for ways to improve every aspect of our products. When we find a way of making something better, we feel compelled to make the change. We could wait until the next generation of markers, but that would be selling you, the customer, short. That’s something we just don’t feel comfortable doing. Support of our existing customers, making sure their equipment is to the highest possible standard, is our number one concern. If you want the very best performance you can get from your Geo then the G-R2 kit is for you.”

So what do these parts do?
The new G-R2 Prop Shaft Assembly includes a new design of VVC screw to prevent the VVC backing out and leaking. A larger diameter O-ring and revised groove dimensions of the rear O-ring to prevent the Prop Shaft Assembly backing out of the Geo body during play. A new shortened “tip” allows the ball to sit further into the face of the bolt to alleviate ball breakages allowing you to shoot even more fragile paint. Modifications to the design of the VVC Screw Fore-Stop to further strengthen the design. The G-R2 Prop Shaft Assembly is easily distinguishable by the two grooves milled into the base of the tip:

The G-R2 Inline Piston sees a central barbed stem added to the tip of the piston that not only has superior seal retention properties but also keeps the seal flatter than ever before minimizing the chance of the Inline Regulator over pressurizing. This helps give better shot-to-shot consistency as well as better reliability.

The patched screws simply give eye covers, rubber grips and the rear frame screws a much tighter, secure fit to prevent any loosening during play. This helps take day-to-day maintenance down to an absolute minimum.

So how do you tell if your Geo already has a G-R2 Enhancement Kit fitted?
- If you purchased a Geo in 2008 then it will NOT have a G-R2 Kit Fitted.
- If you purchased a Geo in 2009 then you will need to look at your Geo Prop Shaft to see if it has the double groove marking:

If there are no markings then your Geo does NOT have a G-R2 Kit fitted.
- If you have a Geo that has the G-R2 Prop Shaft but not the G-R2 Piston or patched screws then contact Nicky T at our Manchester office on nick.t@planeteclipse.com, or Gerry Bates at our Rhode Island office on gerry.b@planeteclipse.com and we will send you the parts that you require as you do not need the full G-R2 Kit.

Please note that there is no serial number cut-off for this update. This Press Release applies to all Geo’s produced in 2008 and will apply to some Geo’s sold in 2009.

So how do you get one of these G-R2 Upgrade Kits?
- The ONLY way to get one is by registering your Geo, either by submitting the warranty card in the manual or by completing the online warranty application here: http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eWarranty.asp. By successfully registering your Geo on or before the 31st March 2009, all customers who need one, will automatically be sent a G-R2 Upgrade Kit completely FREE OF CHARGE.

Please note that G-R2 Upgrade Kits will NOT be available at Eclipse Tech Booths, so register your Geo now to get yours now (if required).

Full instructions of how to install the G-R2 Upgrade Kit can be found online at www.planeteclipse.com, in the Eclipse Featured Forums on www.pbnation.com and on the Planet Eclipse YouTube Learning Channel at www.youtube.com/planeteclipsetv

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
fantastic service again, now i know that ''thing'' i would of got for registering ;)

when are these being posted out to registered marker owners in the UK?

cheers

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
fantastic service again, now i know that ''thing'' i would of got for registering ;)

when are these being posted out to registered marker owners in the UK?

cheers
as far as im aware they on friday they will be posted to everyone that registered before then. Then every friday after that new registrations will have theirs sent out

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Got my G-R2 kit on friday and had the chance to put half a box of Formula 13 and half a box of RPS Nightmare through the Geo and it shot like a charm all day long with no barrel breaks or any of the screws or the prop shaft coming loose.
Big thanks to PE for customer service :)

Dan #69

no sence of direction
Apr 29, 2008
Just off A11 Snetty
www.myspace.com
G-R2 kits

As the geo is the best marker i've used i wondered what the G-R2 kit was offering.
when you receive the kit the little changes that planet have made just make sense and to any paintballer are clear.

The prop shaft is a little shorter in lengh which makes the ball sits further onto the face of the bolt.Which as far as i can see is only a good thing.

I would defo recommend registering your geo so you can get your hands on the G-R2 kit :)

Good Job planet eclipse