Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Re: How to set your Eclipse marker up for 2008 Millennium Rules....

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
How to set your Eclipse marker up for 2008 Millennium Rules....

In order to comply with the new Millennium rule regarding gun firing modes, Eclipse markers should be configured as follows -

Ego 7 / Ego 8

1. Enter the Setup menu;
2. Select [PRESET] [LOAD] and choose the MILLEN option;
3. Select [MAX ROF] and set the value to 11.8*;
4. Select [OFF ROF] and set the value to 11.8*;
5. Select [RAMP SET] [KICK IN] and set the value to 6.0;
6. Select [RAMP SET] [SUSTAIN] and set the value to 6.0;
7. Select [PRESET] [SAVE] and choose the USER 1 option to save these settings for future use.
8. Exit the Setup menu;
9. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

Ego 5 / Ego 6

1. Enter the Setup menu;
2. Select [MODE] and choose the RAMP 3** option;
3. Select [ROF CAP] and set the value to 11.8*;
4. Select [OFF ROF] and set the value to 11.8*;
5. Exit the Setup menu;
6. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

Etek / Etek 2

1. Enter the Setup menu;
2. Select Firing Mode (red) and set the value to 05.0 (Ramp 3);
3. Select Maximum ROF (green) and set the value to 11.8*;
4. Select Maximum ROF with BBSS Disabled (blue) and set the value to 11.8*;
5. Exit the Setup menu;
6. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

Planet Eclipse no longer provides software updates for the eBlade platform, however the following may prove useful in setting these products up to be compliant

E2 / Zero B

1. Fit fresh batteries to the loader that will be used and set the loader speed as required;
2. Enter the Setup menu;
3. Select [MODE] and choose the RAMP 3** option;
4. Set the COFF parameter to 40ms;
5. Enable the breech sensor;
6. Shoot the gun so that it ramps and measure the ROF on a rate of fire meter;
7. Adjust the COFF parameter and repeat 6 until the ROF is 11.8bps* (increasing COFF reduces ROF);
8. Check that CDELAY + CON + COFF is greater than 84ms and if not then increase CON;
9. Exit the Setup menu;
10. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

E1 (eBlade)
1. Fit fresh batteries to the loader that will be used and set the loader speed as required;
2. Enter the Setup menu;
3. Set the COFF parameter to 40ms;
4. Enable the breech sensor;
5. Shoot the gun as quickly as you can and measure the ROF on a rate of fire meter;
6. Adjust the COFF parameter and repeat 5 until the ROF is 11.8bps* (increasing COFF reduces ROF);
7. Check that CDELAY + CON + COFF is greater than 84ms and if not then increase CON;
8. Exit the Setup menu;
9. Check the rate of fire on a league approved ROF meter.

*The rate of fire settings on Egos are accurate however not all rate of fire meters will read the same. We recommend that guns be set on the safe side of the legal limit. The difference between 11.8 and 12.0bps is only 1 extra ball every 59 shots!

**If your software does not have the RAMP 3 option then it will be necessary to upgrade your software to the latest version.

I hope that this information helps anyone playing (or training for) events that utilise 2008 Millennium Rules.

Thanks,

Nicky T

Kenny

I Play Paintball!
Aug 10, 2006
Very good of you to post this. Will this take away the emphisis of "faster the better" hoppers? Good point of discussion.

Thanks

Ken

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
My pleasure - as many of the staff at Eclipse play paintball we relaise how important it is to get the info out there so that others can start setting their markers up to train and play with the settings that they will need for this season.

Nicky T

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
Nicky (or anyone else) please can you confirm what i need to set the PULL NO. and the RESTART to on the Ego8. I am assuming it is 4 (PULL) and 0 (RESTART) and is bringing these setting across from the MILLEN option that is preset, but i just wanna make sure.

Cheers

purplefazer

Aug 22, 2007
Hi

just wanted some help with setting my ego 06 up for the new rules.

firstly i can only seam to adjust the OFF ROF in hole numbers not points of numbers so would i think i should select 11 instead off 11.8

Secondly does ramp 3 kick in at 7.5 instead of 6. If so will there be a new update for the board or is there one and i don't have it.

Any help would be great

Cheers