The Home Of European Paintball

Reball results?

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Robbo
Mark, and your argument doesn't hold water either, if the government wants to classify markers as guns, they will do, they don't need any convenient opportunity to do it.
And 'marker' is just a convenient euphamism we use in our sport for obvious reasons, it is not a definition, do we now get rid of potato guns, water guns etc ?
Robbo right now they can't be bothered to classify anything and we are quite content to truddle along doing what we are doing, the use of Reballs could very easily prove to be the catalist (sp?) and I understand what you have said in relation to them and I agree they "sound" like a good idea but again I don't want to be the one that causes the problems like a test case, look how long it took for Scotland to be able to play paintball as we were always doing, they pushed the envelope and got nailed, ok it got resolved but at what initial cost and ongoing costs to the people providing paintball in Scotland in loss of potential earnings.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Mark
Robbo right now they can't be bothered to classify anything and we are quite content to truddle along doing what we are doing, the use of Reballs could very easily prove to be the catalist (sp?) and I understand what you have said in relation to them and I agree they "sound" like a good idea but again I don't want to be the one that causes the problems like a test case, look how long it took for Scotland to be able to play paintball as we were always doing, they pushed the envelope and got nailed, ok it got resolved but at what initial cost and ongoing costs to the people providing paintball in Scotland in loss of potential earnings.
I honestly think, bearing in mind what you've just said, and the nature of the things as they are now, that the more you guys kick and shout (and I ain't diggin u out here, coz it takes all sorts and both need each other in this sport) will possibly draw more attention than the actual usage of the balls themselves thereby giving us all an unwanted, self-fulfliing prophecy.
Seems to me, let sleeping dogs lie seems to me to be the order of the day and that includes all this negative rehtoric and scaremongering.
It may take one idiot in his back garden acting irresponsibly to cause a whole heap of sh1t but by the same token, it only takes one jobsworth do-gooder on a self-appointed mission to do even more.
But I applaud your concern.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
The concern is genuine........ I've had other correspondence with the HO and they say that anyone commiting an offence with a "modified" marker (they included: firing more than one shot per pull or anything but paint) would face charges under section 5........ this would include irresponsible criminal acts (rightly so) but would also include firing in the garden (anyone had neighbour complaints? this takes you from disturbing the peace to discharging an illegal firearm) and any accident/injury would be dealt with severely. However, the first case may be the last and training rounds could be deemed fine....... but maybe not. As for the "you can kill someone with a car" and "dropping a marker could kill someone" big deal........ this is England, they aint banning cars so that argument means nothing....... Dave was right, Sunderland did have a massive gun club (blue knight) and that all went overnight in 1996.......... the HO aren't going to listen to "but you can kill someone with a knife so ban them too" are they? The law in the UK doesn't have to make sense, they do what they want........ at the moment we enjoy a very priviliged "special status" they don't have to alter any laws to get rid of us...... just enforce some of the existing ones a little more stringently. If we mess them about or push our luck.......... hello golf on a Sunday.
And before anyone has a go...... I don't like it any better than you do, our legal system is a joke (look who runs it) so it's not me you're arguing with........ and they sure as hell don't give a crap about our opinions.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Jose

Originally posted by Magued
Last post regarding this issue with you.

THEY ARE NOT ILLEGAL NOW!
They would be if someone takes it to court, then if the verdict deems then illegal, then and only then are they illegal.

So the answer is YES, you can use it IF you use the reball in a secure and responsible manner as the manual states.

Regarding the lathal issue, a paintball at 440 can kill you.
Exactly like your hammer you have in the toolbox, If you smack it down on somebody's head, it will be lethal.
Everything has to be used in a sensible way or we would end up restricting most stuff we use.

Magued Idris
I'm sorry if you think I'm having a go, I'm not........ you just come from a Country who's legal system isn't made up as they go along... the legality issue is a matter of classification.... under current law markers are exempt as paintballs are not thought capable of causing a penetrating injury (the law..... not me) firing anything else isn't covered by this exclusion. So it could be argued that firing anything but paintballs is already illegal......... but driving past my school at 40 mph in a ton and a half of 4 wheel drive jeep complete with bullbars is perfectly legal...... It doesn't have to be fair or even right.... but it's the law.
Sorry to double post, I just wanted to explain to Magued that I'm not trying to wind him up......... it's our system that's full of stupid crap.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Out of intrest.... We know that the rental Reballs are ok to shoot at each other (aparantly) but what about the target ones? Fiar enough it says that they shouldnt be fired at people but how much damage would they cause if they would? Accidents do happen, a target ball could get mixed up with the others or somthing like that..... Kinda sick i know, but does Maged know much damage one of these balls could do to a person?

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
That too.....beacuse if the non rental ones are not as acurate as the target ones then using the rentals in game practice might not be very useful. If you are practising games as a team then you want to replicate the real thing as close as possible, and if the balls are not following an acurate path then the practise loses a lot of worth.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Jose

Originally posted by JoseDominguez
I'm sorry if you think I'm having a go, I'm not........ you just come from a Country who's legal system isn't made up as they go along... the legality issue is a matter of classification.... under current law markers are exempt as paintballs are not thought capable of causing a penetrating injury (the law..... not me) firing anything else isn't covered by this exclusion. So it could be argued that firing anything but paintballs is already illegal......... but driving past my school at 40 mph in a ton and a half of 4 wheel drive jeep complete with bullbars is perfectly legal...... It doesn't have to be fair or even right.... but it's the law.
Sorry to double post, I just wanted to explain to Magued that I'm not trying to wind him up......... it's our system that's full of stupid crap.
Jose, I respectfully ask you, do us all a favour, if you represent paintball in some official capacity then fine but as far as I know you don't.
Now please don't go prodding no sleeping dragon here with self appointed representations or enquiries to government bodies, no matter what your good intentions.
If the sport of paintball over here in the UK needs clariifcation or direction, then this purpose is best served by people like Steve Bull / Hotpoint and co who actually do represent our sport in an offical capacity and who also have existing contact lines.
Please take heed for all our sakes and leave well alone.
Many thanks !

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I made the enquiry a month ago when Olly asked the original question about solid training rounds (not specific to reball...just a general enquiry)........ which we were going to order and I needed to know these things (the supplier couldn't tell me at the time)....... I've made no enquiries since my initial request and the follow up e-mail, just posted the response that I recieved...... that was enough to worry me. I won't be making any more enquiries anyway..... I'll wait for the test case and I'm sure the first player to be nailed for an illegal paintball marker (not necessarily this one...... they could well be fine) will thank us all for keeping quiet as he takes to the showers.
Olly, Mark, Paul C and Red Merkin have all expressed concerns..... haven't really had an answer yet.
Oh and is Alvaro anything to do with reball? he said he was one of the creators and stated a month ago that they were ILLEGAL to use in the UK

alvaro
Amateur member

yes, it means that the use in UK , it is forbidden.
importing and selling in UK is possible, the use of it is forbidden.
This product was mainly designed for the US market (90% of paintballs products sold worldwide), europe represents 8% and the rest 2%.

alvaro

However, he may not work for the company..... I don't know. But that's why I asked again this time........ he was the only one to give me a straight answer.... it was no. So who is he? and if he's wrong, great. And if it's a worry, just delete the thread :) no harm done, I won't bring it up again.