Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reball Training: Drills!

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
Any Ideas!

We have a good variety of bunkers but other than basic snap shooting, running, breakout and lane-ing drills, we can only really play games. can anyone suggest any drills to improve any area of your game. no matter how original or however difficult, any advice on anything we can do with 2 hours other than just shoot reballs all over a gym floor and then have top go pick em all up again!?

Really I am looking for any drills anyone may know off that could just make training a bit more effective and get the game skills up!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
well instead of just pulling drills out at random to use, what do you guys actually struggle with? when you've played is there any repeating problems?
There is no such thing as a book full of drills that is going to work for every team. every team is unique as are the players so you need to plan how you train on that, not on what others are doing.

Something you can do though is start combining those drills you are already using to make your training more efficient by practicing 2 or 3 skills within 1 drill. Again its up to your imagination to come up with drills that combine the drills you want to work on the most.

And if imagination is really lacking, do a bit of research, check out clinic style videos on youtube (one with a gun, dynasty dissected etc) and online magazines like GRIP, paintballx3 and such to find drills you like the looks of.

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
see this is our problem, we have a feild but we can only lay out a set of cricket stumps, behind a bunker and hope a reball will hit it, it does not help accuracy, but repitition and the action does help. its a bit of imagination needed i think m8, for instance today we used a can laying on its side, 2 sets of stumps, and with two people on each side practised snapping whilst crouched, then swap sides quickly and snap with the other hand. these kind of drills man, we dont have the space to replicate a full feild, other than that its back centre, left and right for breakouts. these ideas r what i am afetr m8, i know there is no exact 'book of drills' when it comes down to it. jousting etc are fine, but my concern is the amount of reballs we shoot in relation to how often we have to pick em up. 2hrs, with about 30 mins getting set up, leaves 90 mins, 30 minds again spent picking them ll up!! need a way of being more economical.

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
basically m8, in other words, make sure the drills install muscle memory, shoot minimal reballs, (cus of the pickups) and gain the most from a session, within a very limited time.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
see this is our problem, we have a feild but we can only lay out a set of cricket stumps, behind a bunker and hope a reball will hit it, it does not help accuracy, but repitition and the action does help. its a bit of imagination needed i think m8, for instance today we used a can laying on its side, 2 sets of stumps, and with two people on each side practised snapping whilst crouched, then swap sides quickly and snap with the other hand. these kind of drills man, we dont have the space to replicate a full feild, other than that its back centre, left and right for breakouts. these ideas r what i am afetr m8, i know there is no exact 'book of drills' when it comes down to it. jousting etc are fine, but my concern is the amount of reballs we shoot in relation to how often we have to pick em up. 2hrs, with about 30 mins getting set up, leaves 90 mins, 30 minds again spent picking them ll up!! need a way of being more economical.
unfortunately bud thats the compromise you make by saving money training with reballs. i'd have a search on here on that matter though, there has been some good ideas on how to speed up the process of collecting reballs with some DIY brush/shovel things. or if you train quite a lot it might be worth investing in an ammo-up as a team? they are expensive but i used one of these at a commercially ran paintball field and it works awesome.

Hope i didn't give a wrong impression, by combining skills into a drill i didn't mean it to sound like you need a full field.

the second drill in that is a good example of what i mean. only needs 3 or 4 bunkers and here is a drill combining a few good basic skills (snapshooting, sliding, running and shooting). the idea of it, and i think he mentions it in that video actually, is to save you time and paint (or picking up reballs) by covering a few things at once.
Just remembered a drill i used to use if i was training on my own for being able to run and shoot accurately. to save paint, i used to break off and on the entire run shoot only 3 paintballs, one at the very start, half way and at the end. obviously the initial benefit is saving paint but what i found it helps with is making sure your first balls are right on target instead of shooting a stream downfield, and adjusting it once you see where the first few balls are landing. then of course shooting half way means you are shooting as accurately as you can while at full speed and again at the end to finish it off.

hope that gives you some thinking material :)

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I used to use rebalss to test my markers at home - I'd stick up a fishing landing net in the garden to catch them when snap shooting - saves collecting them ;)

I'm sure something similar could be rigged up - some sort of net which means the more accurate you are, the less you pick up... the guys who misses most gets pickup duty!

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
I used to use rebalss to test my markers at home - I'd stick up a fishing landing net in the garden to catch them when snap shooting - saves collecting them ;)

I'm sure something similar could be rigged up - some sort of net which means the more accurate you are, the less you pick up... the guys who misses most gets pickup duty!
university budget m8, they wont buy netting and to be honest my thoughts were on drills that would increase ability by muscle memory, with nothing extra. problem is they are so inaccurate i wouldn't want people to aim and shoot and believe that it was an accurate representation of a real game. sorry its basically a bitch about reballs!! but need different ways, innovative ideas to try to get the team working better.?? thanks though m8!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
university budget m8, they wont buy netting and to be honest my thoughts were on drills that would increase ability by muscle memory, with nothing extra. problem is they are so inaccurate i wouldn't want people to aim and shoot and believe that it was an accurate representation of a real game. sorry its basically a bitch about reballs!! but need different ways, innovative ideas to try to get the team working better.?? thanks though m8!
do you clean the reballs?

Reactions: Japtech Smokey