Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Rec/Punter Ball

ChiZZerS

I’ve been out of paintball for about 13 years... used to play midland/U.K. masters and Campaign Cup… I was thinking about getting back into it again, not on a full time basis, but was thinking of guesting here and there..

First I think I would like to have a go at some simple punter “wood ball”, but are there any places that allow head shots?
The idea of playing paintball without headshots being allowed is absolutely ridiculous - to me there would be no point in playing.

Any ideas? Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I’ve been out of paintball for about 13 years... used to play midland/U.K. masters and Campaign Cup… I was thinking about getting back into it again, not on a full time basis, but was thinking of guesting here and there..

First I think I would like to have a go at some simple punter “wood ball”, but are there any places that allow head shots?
The idea of playing paintball without headshots being allowed is absolutely ridiculous - to me there would be no point in playing.

Any ideas? Thanks
The purpose of not counting headshots is to avoid players being too afraid to pop out heads to look, to a minor degree it reduces the odds of being shot in the head when a punter takes their fogged goggles off before a Marshall can jump on them

(Or there was the other original purpose in the early days of not shooting out peoples teeth or relying on the limited protection of goggles not being fit for purpose)

The fun of the game of shooting your friends (or strangers) remains, and as a previous player the added ‘difficulty’ of having to hit the areas that count.

If headshots are a necessity, then look out for walkons in your area to get back to the full ruleset

ChiZZerS

The purpose of not counting headshots is to avoid players being too afraid to pop out heads to look, to a minor degree it reduces the odds of being shot in the head when a punter takes their fogged goggles off before a Marshall can jump on them

(Or there was the other original purpose in the early days of not shooting out peoples teeth or relying on the limited protection of goggles not being fit for purpose)

The fun of the game of shooting your friends (or strangers) remains, and as a previous player the added ‘difficulty’ of having to hit the areas that count.

If headshots are a necessity, then look out for walkons in your area to get back to the full ruleset
I did it about 4 years ago for my ex's birthday party - I remember distinctly just sticking my head out and looking directly at other people sticking their head out looking back at me
whilst trying to shoot with their gun pointing out the side of the bunker not exposing their body.

Total waste of time imo, even if you're not fully acquainted with paintball generally.. think I may just buy some cheep gear and do some walk on/guesting as suggested.

Steve Lowe

Jan 22, 2017
Outpost in the Chester area do regular walk ons I believe, also Skirmish Sherwood do a walk on 2nd Sunday of the month. I’ve also seen a site in the Yorkshire area are looking to start walk ons Yorkshire tactical activities I believe they are called

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Paintball sites have decided getting shot in the head puts people off from playing so they try to reduce it from happening by saying head shots don't count, also by headshots not counting players are in the game zones longer using more paint therefore spending more money, simple really.

Reactions: Tom