Which site/company in YOUR opinion, has the worst reputation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

killcrazy

now sporting the ego
Dec 4, 2006
bedlington (near newcastle)
if you've only ever been to delta force. its not too bad, and its allright for the punters.

but the one iv been too the fields are waterlogged, and you spend most ofthe time wading accross the fields rather than running.

also yeah the hours suck. you have to be there by 7:30am, and youy get a set days pay, not hourly rate.
+ you have to keep ringing up and asking for shifts, they employ loads of people so if the manager takes a disliking to you your screwwed, of if your ten mins too late to ring up then youtr also screwwed... personally i would like to have a constant battle to keep my job. offices for the win. lol

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
MMMM, thats not what they say!!! I wonder if the truth is being distorted slighty to thier favour :D
I think you should ask Gups that one, she after all takes care of the DF arsenal.

I would say that you can't judge all the DF sites from experience of one or two, I have no direct involvement with them, I know several of their Marshals though. As I understand it the sites are run to a formula of field types and then the actual maintenance of each site is down to the centre manager and staff.

Some of the guys I know were told recently that they couldn't use their own air systems when they were training on the speedball field (for insurance purposes), though they will be allowed to at their inter-site tourney this week :confused:

I have experienced rec sites worse that the DF ones I have seen, fields full of potholes, poor barricades/bunkers and woeful staging/safe areas, toilets etc.

Obviously, the time of year and weather play a big part in the actual condition of the ground, along with how busy the site is and how many fields they have to rotate so some can take a rest.

Some of the better sites are probably the privately owned or managed
ones, including those within the Skirmish network.

Some sites have awful food and others have good nosh.

Some sites have good marshals, others have those that don't really seem to care much!

Then again there is the ill-informed and incorrect marketing that some sites/companies tend to employ.

So while this pole is no doubt not going to favour DF, I for one will vote other, as the worst site I ever visited was independent!

:)

mozza

Angel Paintball / N.P.F
Sep 18, 2006
where angels rule
well the df staff i spoke to at the weekend told me that they had to strip the guns down for cleaning after every days play and sometimes did'nt leave the site until late yes cusack they are well paid but by god they work for their money when you think they normally only have two staff per game where as you are used to having at least three where you sometimes turn up to maybe do some work if you feel like it and you know what i mean EASY LIFE :) see you friday if you're coming :D

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
well the df staff i spoke to at the weekend told me that they had to strip the guns down for cleaning after every days play and sometimes did'nt leave the site until late yes cusack they are well paid but by god they work for their money when you think they normally only have two staff per game where as you are used to having at least three where you sometimes turn up to maybe do some work if you feel like it and you know what i mean EASY LIFE :) see you friday if you're coming :D
TBH, i think stripping the guns down to clean, is a far more efficiant way to clean and maintain them, more so than jetwashing them, as SOME sites do... thiis just causes a build up of crap in the pistol grip (on tippmanns, anyway).... and this build up eats away at the insides (pins, springs, seers, and o-rings) like woodlice, thus seriously reducing the life on the parts. i know its seems like alot, but it would save ALOT of money doing them in this manner... however as an Armourer, I wouldnt fancy stripping 300+ markers down, but where DF dont really cater for that many players PER day, it wouldnt be as bad. Over ruled!!!

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
...anyway, the purpose of this servay was to see how paying customers (i know there aint really that many on these boards) rate/hate the sites they play at... not how staff get along at the sites... if people want a thread on THAT subject, Iv got more than a few stories...

mozza

Angel Paintball / N.P.F
Sep 18, 2006
where angels rule
...anyway, the purpose of this servay was to see how paying customers (i know there aint really that many on these boards) rate/hate the sites they play at... not how staff get along at the sites... if people want a thread on THAT subject, Iv got more than a few stories...
SORRY GURKHA i just wanted to let cusack know what i'd heard sunday

arg1271

All the gear, no idea
Apr 6, 2006
Mooching round the 50, with the flag
I played the DF site in hertfordshire, not too bad though they did have a sh1t load of punters there.

I was told they don't have air onsite due to them need a certified air tech. even the marshalls who play at the site can't use it.

Just to clarify, yes we do strip the guns down at the end of the day and make sure that they are well oiled and looked after, since why yes doing a proper job at the end of the day will add onto the hours especally when there is up to 400 of them to do in the summer, it will help immencely when on the field since they 'should' all be running smoothly out there.

It only really takes around 30-50 seconds to clean an inferno (in and outside) so as long as you have a few people doing it (10 people for instance) it doesnt take long, once ya get the job started

ps the guys talking to you in the car park were two of my mates and me, (youll remember one of them due to the hair) and I was the tall b*stard out of the 3

-Mat

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
I tried a while ago to let them use my Air bottle on my own marker, but they kept saying for insurance etc. But if the bottle is fully in UK test status then surely it wouldnt cost much to add it onto their insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.