Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recognise these ??? Possibly smart parts markers ??

Dln1965

Feb 5, 2013
Sunny Surrey
image.jpg image.jpg Evening all
Can anyone shine a light on these two markers I have been given ??

Have been advised they could be smart parts impulse and shocker ??

What year are they from ??

Does anyone have any barrels to fit ?
Or spares ??
Or anyone in the Surrey area can give these a once over and check seals etc and maybe get them usable
THANKYOU

Attachments

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Top one looks to be a rather old Impulse with maxflo(?) EDIT: Maybe early 2000's?

Bottom is a battered but pretty Shocker SFT with dem Hybrid grips and what appears to be a Hybrid or Smart Parts on/off. @sci-fi1991. Believe SFTs were being used between maybe 2004 and 2006 at a guess.

I expect both would take SP threaded barrels. SFTs were quite common so there might be parts available. Doubt it with the Impy.

Last edited:

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
SFT's have shocker specific threads rather than SP/Ion thread. The impulse threads are what became Ion threads so no problem there

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
Yep,

Top one is a 2000/2002 impulse with iframe and what could be a w.a.s board installed, lpr also has a ' tape-worm' installed too

Bottom one is a sft shocker from circa. 2003-2006 as nsklad stated

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Yep,

Top one is a 2000/2002 impulse with iframe and what could be a w.a.s board installed, lpr also has a ' tape-worm' installed too

Bottom one is a sft shocker from circa. 2003-2006 as nsklad stated
WAS? Did they do them for the imp? Or do you mean cricket board?

EELZ

Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
Yep :) they came with the 'e' stamped eye cover which is in the picture, cricket board was stock on the vision models

Dln1965

Feb 5, 2013
Sunny Surrey
Great answers and THANKYOU

But some of these replies se to be in a foreign language !!
WAS ? Cricket ? SF threads ??? Tape worm ??

I'm not fully au fait with all this technological jargon :-(

What does it mean in simple terms ??
THANKYOU

Dln1965

Feb 5, 2013
Sunny Surrey
Oh And how would I go about connecting air on the first (blue) one ??
There is an external thread and no female threaded area to put a air bottle on ????

Thanks again ;-)

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Oh And how would I go about connecting air on the first (blue) one ??
There is an external thread and no female threaded area to put a air bottle on ????

Thanks again ;-)
I think the reason you can't stick an air system on the Impulse is that the maxflow which is attached to it is actually a regulator in of itself. See my awesome diagram - most air systems look like this. The bit above the black line is the regulator and the bit below is the bottle. You would need to remove the reg on your bottle to fit it to the gun. I would strongly recommend getting help with this if you are unsure.
upload_2013-11-7_23-40-8.png

W.A.S stands for Wicked Air Sportz, they used to produce aftermarket boards for some guns, no idea where they are now. SP Thread, SP just stands for Smart Parts. Apparently the first gun has a Smart Parts/Ion Thread, whereas the second has its own Shocker thread style.

Reactions: Dln1965

EELZ

Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
W.a.s - wicked air sports ( company name)
Cricket is the name for the stock impulse board
Tapeworm-

Operates your Impulse at a lower pressure and eliminates any related re-cock problems. Normally an Impulse requires back pressure created by a paintball to re-cock properly, the tapeworm restricts air from leaving the air chamber, which prevents pressure drop in the airchamber feeding into the 4-way solenoid

Impulse will take barrels labeled impulse/nxt/ion thread
The sft has it's own thread