Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recognition as a 'sport'

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Gups, I corrected the typo, apologies, you were correct about that.
As for the lack of democracy concerning the chairperson, once again, you are correct but this is the deal :-
I would only get involved and give up my time if I was 100% assured everybody on board were there for the right reasons.
I know why I would be there and I can trust Ledz 100%, I know the others but haven't had a lot to do with any of them really.
And so, the only way I can be 100% assured of the integrity of the board and all those on it is to make me or Ledz the chairman.
This is not some power crazed maneuver, it's just me making sure I ain't wasting my time on a board with people on it who may at some time or another use their position for their own ends.

I would have them off the board in a frikkin heartbeat, basically, I wouldn't give up any of my time to sit on a board where I have got to sit next to people filling their back pockets.

I am certainly not wanting to disresepect anybody here because I would hope there wouldn't be any problems like that whatsoever but recent events in my life have shown me I was wrong when it came to trusting people who were close to me.
Sorry and all that Gups but that's the only way you'd get me to do anything like that.
As for that Fat Bob's pratt, well, that's another story and I got a long memory and an unforgiving one when it comes to sh!t like that.

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
So Gups, DF are claiming they have well over 500,000 members in the UKPBA, wanna make a comment about that?
I don't think we should expect Gups to reply on behalf of the UKPBA, the shear number of members it claims to have is adequate information to judge their merits as a governing body.
If you look closely at the site it says things such as a free alternative to the UKPSF, well that is only of interest to site owners, not individuals.
I repeat as a company that sells paintball to the public they have everything in place and their safety record is better than most but in this tiny domain we call "sports paintball" they like the UKPSF can have no say or we will never get status. The UKPSF is historically the organisation the home office contact about any concerns they may have and they would get my vote to represent paintball for ALL the trade, as long as Steve Bull is involved.

Russ

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
The number of members the UKPBA claims to have is by all accounts genuine, they automatically make all customers member whatever network site they play at:(.

Russ

i'd have taken that as cheating.......
do these people want to be members?
does membership give benefits in any way?
i'd doubt they are aware they are "members" or if there is any "benefit".

a group hoping to represent its members would need to be in a real position to provide something - representation to the SC, insurance for members, legal advice lines, etc

this is what governing bodies do in other sports. as a martial arts instructor i can call on my governing body for a helluva lot of backing and support for any number of reasons. can anyone out there really do the same for PB yet? as far as i can tell the ukpsf come closest - but feel free to direct me to others.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I don't think we should expect Gups to reply on behalf of the UKPBA, the shear number of members it claims to have is adequate information to judge their merits as a governing body.
If you look closely at the site it says things such as a free alternative to the UKPSF, well that is only of interest to site owners, not individuals.
I repeat as a company that sells paintball to the public they have everything in place and their safety record is better than most but in this tiny domain we call "sports paintball" they like the UKPSF can have no say or we will never get status. The UKPSF is historically the organisation the home office contact about any concerns they may have and they would get my vote to represent paintball for ALL the trade, as long as Steve Bull is involved.

Russ
Russ, I have talked to 'some' people and done a little research, when Jon Hayes was dealing with all this cr@p, it became apparent the sports council changed the goalposts somewhat and therefore precluded a lot of other new sports from being eligible for status.
If this is true, and I stand to be corrected, what's changed to give you a revised idea of our success chances, if in fact you believe this is the case?

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
I don't know how long you been in this sport mate but the words 'cheating' and 'paintball' ain't exactly mutually exclusive :)

long enough to bear witness to plenty of on-field shenanigans of every kind!
it's a shame to see it off-field too, but as with most things the bigger the endevour the bigger the wheeler-dealing and backstabbing and political jiggery-pokery comes about. call me cynical, but meh....

Flint

Sep 18, 2006
Oxford
The number of members the UKPBA claims to have is by all accounts genuine, they automatically make all customers member whatever network site they play at:(.

Russ
This is true, though I've yet to see where the customer signs to make them a member, they are completely unaware of it. When I tried to speak to the UKPBA too to find out if I was a member all I got was "Fill out this form to become a member". I tried to explain I wanted to know if they had a record of me and if I was a member, but then they decided to ignore me!:( Funny world eh?