Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

recommended Angel bolts

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Dude's get the DEZ bolt, or the Cobra, ive heard dodgy things about the LCD custom bolt, i.e it actually lowers you velocity therefore you have to turn your tank up and therefore less shots Deeeeeep breath.

If you lot are organising a shipment of parts from the US i want in, i want a new hopper

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
Dude's get the DEZ bolt, or the Cobra, ive heard dodgy things about the LCD custom bolt, i.e it actually lowers you velocity therefore you have to turn your tank up and therefore less shots Deeeeeep breath.

If you lot are organising a shipment of parts from the US i want in, i want a new hopper
Walker I have the WDP custom bolt it does not lower your velocity it raises it, it does this by:-
a) Its heavier strikes the valve harder
b) its not venturi more direct air flow

Its worth noting gents that a bolt can be to free flowing, especially if the paint happens to be a little fragile.

Paul.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
I stand corrected, i was just repeating what many people have told me in the states, have you read that review i posted up paul?

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
I stand corrected, i was just repeating what many people have told me in the states, have you read that review i posted up paul?

I seem to to recall that Someone tested the WDP bolt in WPG too, and they said it didn't seem to make a whole load of difference......

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Yeah I read that one when it was first posted.:D

Its a good review and the dez does shine through at the end of the day though for the most part a bolt is a bolt mine does what I need it too so will probably stick with what I got.

Paul
:D

'Upgrades are overated'
:D:D:D:D:D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Tony

I seem to to recall that Someone tested the WDP bolt in WPG too, and they said it didn't seem to make a whole load of difference......
When I first got my new bolt I went to the chrono and set it up for the stock bolt I then put the new one in it raised the FPS between 10-20 FPS at the most!

Paul

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Not that arsed meself

I aint that interested too much in the in-depth details of what the differences actually are (why would you want to upgrade then I hear you cry) but I do want the bolt to be more consistent and friendlier to the paint. I'd think that an open face bolt would put too much air flow into one spot rather than an even all round spread that a venturi provides, but I aint too certain on that, just an opinion of mine. What I DO liek about custom bolts (most of) is they don't have the blow back space cut out of the bolt liek the stock one does. You'd think this would upset the airflow as some of it would blow back on itself, or am I not seeing the full picture??

Paul, I think you may know a bit about this.

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier

When I first got my new bolt I went to the chrono and set it up for the stock bolt I then put the new one in it raised the FPS between 10-20 FPS at the most!

Paul
If that's the case, then it's probably worth getting a WDP bolt then!!! £17 plus VAT they are on WDP's site, and really, that's nothing compared to other stuff you can buy that don't do a whole lot.......

**COUGH**Volumisers**COUGH** ;)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Not that arsed meself

Originally posted by Al Woods
I aint that interested too much in the in-depth details of what the differences actually are (why would you want to upgrade then I hear you cry) but I do want the bolt to be more consistent and friendlier to the paint. I'd think that an open face bolt would put too much air flow into one spot rather than an even all round spread that a venturi provides, but I aint too certain on that, just an opinion of mine. What I DO liek about custom bolts (most of) is they don't have the blow back space cut out of the bolt liek the stock one does. You'd think this would upset the airflow as some of it would blow back on itself, or am I not seeing the full picture??

Paul, I think you may know a bit about this.
Do I take it from your post that you're not foinding your angel to be very consistant? With the stock bolt I was getting +/- 3 FPS is your LPR set right? when did you last have it tuned? snap ring set etc...?
As you say open face does provide for a higher rise in FPS over a stock/venture type and is a little harsher on the paint, hence why Planet produced an open face and a venturi for the Bushmaster.
As for blowback I have never noticed any on my Angel using either of my bolts, to be honest if you want a venturi I'd stick with either a stock (£17.50 if memory serves me right) or a DEZ venturi, he does an open face and a venturi bolt both have a rise in FPS over stock.

Any more questions ask away! :)

Paul