recommended Angel bolts

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Re: Not that arsed meself

Originally posted by Paul_collier

Do I take it from your post that you're not foinding your angel to be very consistant? With the stock bolt I was getting +/- 3 FPS is your LPR set right? when did you last have it tuned? snap ring set etc...?
As you say open face does provide for a higher rise in FPS over a stock/venture type and is a little harsher on the paint, hence why Planet produced an open face and a venturi for the Bushmaster.
As for blowback I have never noticed any on my Angel using either of my bolts, to be honest if you want a venturi I'd stick with either a stock (£17.50 if memory serves me right) or a DEZ venturi, he does an open face and a venturi bolt both have a rise in FPS over stock.

Any more questions ask away! :)

Paul
:D
I know that was aimed at Al, but I wouldn't mind a bit of your helpful advice too......it never hurts to kiss butt before you ask does it...... :D

My Angel isn't very consistent really!! Freak barrel, LPR at about 85, WDP reg, Diablo paint, Conquest air system, stock bolt. I'm getting about a +/- 9 or 10 variation. Do you think the snap ring could need adjusting???

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Re: Re: Not that arsed meself

Originally posted by Tony

I know that was aimed at Al, but I wouldn't mind a bit of your helpful advice too......it never hurts to kiss butt before you ask does it...... :D

My Angel isn't very consistent really!! Freak barrel, LPR at about 85, WDP reg, Diablo paint, Conquest air system, stock bolt. I'm getting about a +/- 9 or 10 variation. Do you think the snap ring could need adjusting???
Thats about what I get nowadays so I wouldn't really worry about it to much!
The day I got the +/- 3 I got all day but since then I have moved to a 'higher' end air system its never quite been as good, now either I had perfect paint that day and it fitted my freak spot on or the gods were smiling down on me I don't know!!
As I say I wouldn't worry about your consistancy if the worst you're getting is +/- 10 FPS.
Incidently how many shots do you have on your angel? did you buy it new?

Paul.
:D

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
Umm, bought newish..... It was the first gun Planet got in, so Jack had a bit of a rag with it first I think. It had about 2000 on it when I got it, it's got about 14,000 on it now..... It's still getting worn probably!!!

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
was just thinking you may want to clean your 14 way, but with only 14,000 shots on it I probably wouldn't bother till you get to around 50,000.
Failing that Send Frazer and email from the WDP site, it'd be interesting to see what he says.
I plan on doing the LCD tech class at some point this year (hopefully) :D

Paul.

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
2 of our team went on the tech course!!! One of them can strip an Angel inside of 15 minutes...... then lose half of the LPR and has to give the rest of the bits back to the other lad to put together again........... :eek:

Hence, why I won't let them near my Angel!!!

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Consistency???

Mmmmm, it aint too bad really. My bolt is just worn pretty bad so I thought that if I was gonna get a newie, I might aswell get a top notch one that won't give me no shiat. I want to prevent smashing paint the best I can, I know a new bolt won't be that much more different but it's a start.

Tech course would be cool, I don't know how to set LPR, clean my hammer, 14 way....yaa deyaa...etc.

DeZ Venturi is looking favourite, just waiting for Rob at DeZ to get back to me with some more info.