Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recommended Paintball Trousers

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
I’ll slowly but surely be getting more gear as I go along but looking for some Combat/Cargo trousers that won’t break the bank for when I’m playing.

They want stupid money for Paintball Specific ones so wondering if anyone has any other ideas?!? Looking for a few pockets for Pyro and somewhere where I can hang a Pod Bag from :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I’ll slowly but surely be getting more gear as I go along but looking for some Combat/Cargo trousers that won’t break the bank for when I’m playing.

They want stupid money for Paintball Specific ones so wondering if anyone has any other ideas?!? Looking for a few pockets for Pyro and somewhere where I can hang a Pod Bag from :)
It took me about 10 years in paintball before I bought paintball trousers (and they were just paintball branded lightweight ‘training’ trousers - pretty much just combat/cargo trousers. Because they were cheap on sale)
My first proper paintball specific trousers came soon after for free in a raffle, and then more came effectively as payment for photos from a team I covered.

‘Proper’ paintball trousers do vary in design with skinny ones, but mostly are big and baggy. Multiple layers of thick material protect knees etc if you’re going to slide around, kneel on multiple surfaces and have a baggy & extra padded crotch.
Useful pockets are a long deep one for a barrel fluffy and a zipped one for keys or cash.
If you aren’t diving about or taking repeated hits at close range then you can hold back on these.

Shop around and you may find bargains if you’re the right size to fit the surplus a shop has
Check out Just Paintballs offers for some at £15:

I spent the majority of my time in paintball wearing Army surplus C95 or jeans
My favourite was a set of Desert DPM which were the most comfortable pair of trousers I’ve played in.
Jeans should be avoided in the wet, but are tough in any environment
Builders trousers from Wickes etc provide options for hard wearing, assorted pockets, some padding and probably have slots for adding more knee padding etc

I try to avoid using the cargo pockets unless for a game map etc, it’s annoying to have things being carried halfway down my thigh. But I have filled up with smoke grenades or a couple of pods when I’ve either loaded up heavily or gone out with no other method of carrying.

The best method of carrying paint is in a chunky velcroed pod belt, but if carrying other things then a vest or belt with some pouches lift what you’re carrying to your main torso and is more comfortable then on a leg

Kaithecheif

Jul 5, 2020
I've owned and used plenty of different trousers over the years and so far the best have been my 5.11's from TacTree, followed closely by a pair of military surplus MTP trousers.

As "tactical" trousers they come with a few additional pockets in convenient places that you could use for various bits of kit. They are made of 1000d cordura (or something?) and I have personally tested their durability against a rather ill tempered bull mastiff dog that decided my knee looked tasty. Thanks to the trousers he didnt even break my skin, so I would say they will hold up to any abuse you can dish out.

https://tactree.co.uk/511-kodiak-2-0-trousers (These are the exact ones I have)

The MTP trousers are just really comfy and cheap with deep pockets.

In my own experience the fancier combats look good but unless they are a perfect fit the knee pads may not sit in the right place and I've ripped a pair of ECU2 trousers from the bottom of the fly all the way to the waist at the back with one misplaced step

SeanPB_K

Jul 10, 2020
BT combat trousers are pretty good. I've had a pair for ten years now and they are still good.