Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recommended reads

sponge10

myspace.com/londontigers
Jan 23, 2006
london
Visit site
Band of Brothers by Stephen E Ambrose,the tv series/film was excellent but the book is more in depth and better,it will make you want to watch the tv series/film as soon as you've finished reading.

Also Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra,this is based on a true story,again the film is excellent but the book alot more revealling to what the main characters really went through.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
Also Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra,this is based on a true story,again the film is excellent but the book alot more revealling to what the main characters really went through.
Agreed. Fatherland is very good to. Fiction but entirely plausible.

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Well, since this is the brain box, I'd hazard a guess and say that some of you may actually have picked up a book at some point in your lives.

I'd like to know which books (preferably non-fiction) you guys recommend to the rest of us and why.

Right now I'm reading Bill Bryson's "A Short History Of Nearly Everything". It's a fun book that has a witty way of explaining the history of Earth and all that's on it.

I'll post (a lot) more later, but I'd like to hear your recommendations too.
If you're up for some fairly adult fantasyish stuff, then the Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks (Assassins and magic). I chomped through the whole series within a few days, couldn't put it down. The books show a very harsh environment, couldn't pin point why I like it beyond the fact it's AWESOME.

For comedy/fantasy, most of the books by Terry Pratchet, particularly those about the Night Guard, e.g. Guards! Guards! and Men at Arms. Very funny, but there's a subtle something to them.

Adult Sci-Fi, go for Death's Head by David Gunn. Not for younger readers, full of mindless violence and other unpleasantries, this is not an intellectual's book. ;) I was gripped by how coarse it was to be honest.

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. Chunky book, have patience while reading, never got to finish it. :( Very in depth storyline.

For a little fiction, Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf's autobiography, really enjoyed that one, he's had a fascinating life.

Although they're sort of children's books, the Artemis Fowl series by Eoien Colfer, and the Edge Chronicles by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddle.

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
Band of Brothers by Stephen E Ambrose,the tv series/film was excellent but the book is more in depth and better,it will make you want to watch the tv series/film as soon as you've finished reading.
One I've never read, but always wanted to, may have to get it off E-bay :) love the series :cool:

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. Chunky book, have patience while reading, never got to finish it. :( Very in depth storyline.
Damn excellent book, I've read that twice it was that good! :cool:

I've read a lot of Chris Ryan and Andy McNab books, got a signed first edition from both of them too :cool:, Sniper one by Sgt Dan Mills is also a excellent read.

AL

cbreaux28

NO EXIT "Yank"
Jun 6, 2007
Suffolk
Non Fiction

If you are looking for non fiction try The Snowball. Its the only autobiography of Warren Buffett. It is quite amazing if you are into business. He did something right as he has been the richest in the world for a period of years.

Vox900

Loki
Sep 22, 2008
Cambridge
Angels And Demons by Dan Brown, fiction, and slightly farfetched, but comments on some popular conspiracies. I found the book gripping, and I think it is about to be released into a film. But I recommend the book before the film :)

Vox900

Loki
Sep 22, 2008
Cambridge
Oh and, Anthony Kiedis's ( Lead singer of Red Hot Chilli Peppers) autobiography is a good read, slightly dark, but only slightly :rolleyes:

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin - about the amazing and daring political decisions that Lincoln made, not light reading by any means but insightful and intriguing.