The Home Of European Paintball

Recommended reads

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
Spoilers? ;)

Got over halfway through and never finished. :(
Without knowing which part you got up to , it's hard to say without giving any key plot lines away :)

trust me, it's worth the effort to read it all :)

If you really want to know, pm me where you got up to and i'll fill in some of the blanks :)

AL

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Without knowing which part you got up to , it's hard to say without giving any key plot lines away :)

trust me, it's worth the effort to read it all :)

If you really want to know, pm me where you got up to and i'll fill in some of the blanks :)

AL
Yeah, I know what you mean. XD

'Spose I shall just have to go get it out of the library again. :cool:

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
Yeah, I know what you mean. XD

'Spose I shall just have to go get it out of the library again. :cool:
All the little random side stories that seem irrelevant during the build up the the main plot, all sort of come together and tie in with the rest of it all :cool: he's a very clever author.

AL

Tincs

retired from reality :-)
Nov 9, 2007
NEWQUAY
try ( house to house ) by David Bellavia or ( empire of the sun) by JGBallard
( forgotten voices of the great war ) by Max Arthur or for a bit of light reading how about ( the complete guide to paintball ) various writers...;)...sorry bad taste i know but its the gemini in me ...tincs

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
also : 1984

even though its fiction, it neednt be read as fiction really. obviously aimed at the younger members of the forum.
That the dystopian one with the mind blanking? Always fancied a poke at that one...

Try Fahrenheit 451 if you haven't already, quite a bizarre twist on reality...

Now that my memories of my English GCSE's are coming back, I have to mention Of Mice and Men, and the film adaption as well with John Malkovich and Gary Sinise. It's bloody depressing if you think about it at the end, by still an interesting read.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Anything by Tony Hawkes (writer not skater) Round Ireland with a Fridge, Piano in the Pyrennes to name a couple both highly amusing and good for a chuckle.

currently reading Angel of Death by Jack Higgins which is in his "Sean Dillon" Series, a mix of james bondesque conspiracy/spyish style mixed with real life activities.

Marching with Wellington for those with an appeal of Historic read. follows a young officer during the Napoleonic wars from campaign to campaign ending finally at waterloo.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
For those who enjoyed Band pf Brothers, some other good books by Ambrose are D-Day and the follow up Citizen Soldiers.

One I also recommend for the history/war buffs is Face of Battle by John Keegan. It explains Agincourt, Waterloo and the Somme from the soldiers' perspective, as in how it must have been for them. Pretty harsh at times.