Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Recommended reads

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Just read a book called 'American Gods'. It's a killer read. basically in order for a god to exist, enough people have to believe in it and follow it.
hence the older gods, Loki, norse/roman gods etc are dying out, and being replaced by super powerful Internet/money/chaotic gods. The gods are portrayed as flesh & blood people as they fight for favoritism with the praying public. This has an effect on the world, and on our hero's world in particular. Its a great read, dispite the awful job I've done of describing it.
Go check it out if you like to appreciate what's wrong with the world today, and the US in particular.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I've just finished "Hot Tub Time Machine", which is the novelisation of the screenplay.

It's what you might calll a quick read.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Just read a book called 'American Gods'. It's a killer read. basically in order for a god to exist, enough people have to believe in it and follow it.
hence the older gods, Loki, norse/roman gods etc are dying out, and being replaced by super powerful Internet/money/chaotic gods. The gods are portrayed as flesh & blood people as they fight for favoritism with the praying public. This has an effect on the world, and on our hero's world in particular. Its a great read, dispite the awful job I've done of describing it.
Go check it out if you like to appreciate what's wrong with the world today, and the US in particular.
Top book ,Neil Gaiman innit , I've read a few of his works ,Anansi boys and Good Omens amongst others.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
You know what, I've got American Gods sitting on my shelf right in front of me, and I've never gotten round to reading it. Damn xbox live.

Not long finished Moby Dick ,that was good.

Feel free to quote that and "fix" it somehow..

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
I'd recommend delving into some of Richard Dawkins' material if you fancy straying away from all of the military/wartime books that the majority of people here seem to be reading.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
You know what, I've got American Gods sitting on my shelf right in front of me, and I've never gotten round to reading it. Damn xbox live.

Not long finished Moby, That was good Dick.

Feel free to quote that and "fix" it somehow...
Fixed ?

I'd recommend delving into some of Richard Dawkins' material if you fancy straying away from all of the military/wartime books that the majority of people here seem to be reading.
I bought one of his audio books for the car but that ****ing wheelchair voice put me right off...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com

Last year I read his God Delusion book, it was a terrific read and he reminded me of Descartes with his reductionist approach.
I do however have a problem with one of his conclusions which he makes in his book [which is one of the fundamental building blocks to his final conclusion] but it sounds awfully pretentious because I do not possess the same level of education or academic standing.
Still, I'd like a sit-down conversation with him because I cannot for the life of me see how he could answer the problem I have.
I think I must be missing something somewhere but the answer lies within the realm of philosophy rather than his chosen subject of biology.
Still, I think I'd place my money on me being wrong :)

PS Have we got any philosophy grads or 3rd year undergrads reading this thread, if so, put your hand up !!