Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Red Barrels

Demento

Oct 8, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
Ok, looking at pictures from major events, I find that many players are using Red colored barrels. What is the significance of this? I thought maybe they use that color for when you play XBall so your barrel kind of blends into the red colored bunker. But then I have seen many 5, 7, and 10-man teams with red barrels too, when red is a much less common color on those fields.

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
I cant personally think of any reason why having a red barrel would influence, or help you in a game. I suppose its just personal preference, or in the case of sponsorship basically what you get given.

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Did the guys with the red barrels also have red markers or red jerseys etc? It's most likely to be a matching thing rather than a tactical reason.

Demento

Oct 8, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
Haha red goes faster, no not all have red jerseys or red markers. It could be an all blue marker with a red barrel. I didn't mean performance wise, but rather tactics wise. Are they harder to see on bunkers? XBall would for surely make the barrel harder to see when pressed into the red part of the bunker.

Missionaire Man

Truth be told
Sep 7, 2003
Swindon
I'm seeing red

it could be person choose, but there is a science behind the red goes faster story. the colour red on cars etc appears to look as if it's moving faster than it is because of the ways our eyes work. our eyes see the colour red in a more blurb ways so when it's moving it looks as if it's going faster. So there is a small plus to having it red in the sense that if you are snap shooting people may not see your barrel if it's red and your moving in and out of cover fast enough, of course the fact that they can see the rest of you doesn't matter cos you have a red barrel so no one can see you :D :D