Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Redline Millenium Ramping Issues

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
I think I may still be the only player in the uk with a Vanquish so am unable to check with anyone else, but looking at my Vanquish all seems good when trying to replicate the problem. No ramp on the 2nd shot.

Just a small question for those having issues and this may have no bearing on the problem....

Have you adjusted your trigger in any way from stock setting?
I personally have my trigger tweaked but I know some of the other guys that had the same problem, were still running the stock trigger setup. On the Monday after CPPS I did try the trigger setup in a whole bunch of different ways and still the same problem. I'm hoping when I get back to my Axe tomorrow, I can make it work because I'm really leaning towards keeping it now, but we'll see. May still plum for an Ego if I can't get this to work :(

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
I set up my sons Mini as per above in PSP ramping. The first three shots are now semi but are higher than 10.5bps.
Back into capped semi to stay legal :(
Hi Mar0,

Have you set the bps to 10.5bps AFTER setting the firing mode to PSP ?
(changing firing mode on the board automatically reset all ramp settings including bps and ramp start)

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
sorry guys, I'm still really struggling with this. Did all of @Thib settings and I still have the issue where because I can't make the ramp reset any lower than 1 second, it seems like the trigger is running on after the 2nd shot, if I don't leave it long enough to reset. Has anyone got any advice about minimum reset time?

I mean, it seems like the initial shots are okay with these settings, but I'm just worried that if I go to use this and a ref tests it, he'll have the same thing happening when it looks like it's running away, because the board takes a whole second to reset... I don't know if that makes sense or not, I hope it does :(

Reactions: Pandamonium

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
@frobinson come and see the NA Angels at the next CPPS if you haven't sorted it by then. We will be training the day before as usual. You can copy the board settings from my team mate who has the redline board and has no issues.
Cheers bro :) I'm not sure, it seems to work but then also still ramps too quick if I don't let it reset... Ah well, we'll see!

7lash

Planet R&D
I've not read the entire thread so please don't slap me if I've missed something but information appears to be thin on the ground so hopefully I can help clarify the rules regarding MS ramping ->

(1) The first three shots of ANY string have to be in semi-auto.
(2) In order to start ramping you have to pull the trigger at a minimum rate of 5 pulls per second, that is once every 200ms or faster.
(3) Once ramping has started you must continue to pull the trigger at a minimum rate of 5 pulls per second (once every 200ms or faster) in order to sustain ramping.
(4) Ramping stops when you do not pull the trigger for 200ms.
(5) There is NO one second ramp restart period. That means that as soon as ramping has stopped (see 4) then you have to start again at (1).

In practice, many will refer to 'two shots per pull' or 'only one extra shot'. This is because 10bps equals 1 shot every 100ms and if it takes 200ms for ramping to stop (see 4) then two shots can occur in that time.

The closest that I can find on the MS website is -

In a move to come closer to a world wide standard of rules and procedures and as discussed at the CPL/SPL team owners meeting in Amsterdam, the MS will adopt the same ROF cap (10bps) as used in the PSP. The rules will be updated shortly by following wording of rule ''10.01 Markers''

- The first 3 shots must be semi-auto mode only.
- Markers will be limited to a ROF of 10 balls per second (in 2009 actually 10.5 bps), defined as no two consecutive shots may be timed shorter than 95ms apart (reading on ROF meter of 10.5 bps or less = legal; reading on ROF meter of 10.6 bps or higher = illegal).
- Ramping of shots will be allowed only once 5 bps has been achieved. Then the marker may ramp to 10 bps, but only as long as the 5 bps is continually maintained. Once the trigger is stopped to be activated, only one single additional shot may be discharged.

Clarification: the 5 bps for start/sustain ramping dose not need to be hit physically, it refers to the time delay between trigger activations, which must be at least the equivalent to 5 bps. So a marker may start to ramp up to 10 bps, if (after the first three shots being in semi-auto only) the time delay between 3rd and 4th trigger activation is less than 200ms.

I hope this helps.

Flash,
Planet Eclipse