Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Redline Millenium Ramping Issues

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
@phil-boy could you confirm you have "never had these issues" is related to the fact you have never had issues with the refs at the tournaments you have attended that also use Millenium rules or that your markers are not demonstrating the issues that others have discussed here (I suspect it may be the former but just wanted to clarify). The issues experienced here are:

1. Ramping initiating after two trigger pulls from marker switch on
2. Three balls firing from a single trigger pull
(which I think covers the issues that various indiviudals are experiencing)

I would like to add I do not own or use an Axe but my son has a mini (for woodsball only) and my borther-in-law has an axe (again woddsball only) so I am not just trying to stir things up I am as interested as everyone else in getting a solution for those players who play at the CPPS with Axes or Minis. My team does not use them but paintball is a community more than just a single team so I am as keen as everyone else to get this resolved so fellow paintballers can play the game we all love.

Part of the concern seems to be be that not all Axes and Minis tested at CPPS failed which leads to three potential scenarios as I see it:

1. There were not all subject to the same test
2. They were configured differently (I think enough individuals will attest to the fact that to the best of their kowledge this is not the case, particularly those with Redline boards)
3. Different boards are performing differently when configured with the same settings - this would be the most worrying.

Last edited:

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
With Events I have played I have never had any issues with the refs, and I do not believe my markers or others on the team have had these issues.

At home at present I have a XSV Axe with Redline, I intend to have a play with this over the weekend, this is set up on Mills settings. I have another 2 Axe that only have the standard boards in, at present these are in pieces as they are being anno'ed, however once I rebuild these i will be having a play to see that these are OK aswell.

I will advise of my findings in due course.

Reactions: Gaz #68

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
You missed the scenario gaz, where all guns are absolutely fine and it's simply misinterpretation of the rules colliding with refs not giving a full second between attempts to ramp...

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
You missed the scenario gaz, where all guns are absolutely fine and it's simply misinterpretation of the rules colliding with refs not giving a full second between attempts to ramp...
I think this must be the issue as there was mention of a Luxe also failing this test and you cannot set the ramp point lower than the 3rd shot.
We have 3 Axe's in the team and none have ever failed a ramp test and my Luxe certainly hasn't.
We need some clarification from @Ainsley .

Real shame this was raised as an issue at "THE EMPIRE SHIELD" event for the CPPS :oops: :rolleyes::censored::cautious:

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Ok, having spoken with my refs this is a simple case of the ramp not being set correctly on some markers - whether it be a couple of Luxe markers, a couple of minis and a couple of Axe markers. The ramp was kicking in on the 2nd trigger pull and not on the 4th, it's as simple as that. This wasn't the case with all of these markers, just a FEW of them which obviously hadn't been set up correctly.

All markers tested at random over the day where done in exactly the same way.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I used a Bob Long Victory V2 at CPPS , I did take my Axe as back up but didn`t use it, It was like an explosion going around CPPS on the day about a whole Team being pulled for using Axe`s that are Ramping after 2 x pulls, Against our Team,
I`ve several Axe`s here at my home, and yesterday tried them ALL, As much as I know about these guns it never came to mind about WHEN the Ramping clicked in, yes everything seemed to be fine with the settings , all guns are in Millennium mode, ... And yes they all went into Ramping after 2 x Pulls ??? So I upped the time of when the Ramping comes into play and maybe a couple of other things to help, Went to fire it ... and still it goes into Ramping after 2 Pulls, I may of reached 3 but it should of gone into ramping after 5 x pulls, This has caused some alarm so I`ve been out to shoot some of the Team players that also have an Axe, I`m Not kidding ?? they are all the same ???
half the battle as why most like the AXE is the ease to which one can get firing straight away.
AND NOW IT`S A PROBLEM ??

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
@Care_Bears it's 4th pull that it can ramp on not 5th. So 3 triggers pulls, 3 balls. 4th trigger pull a 5th ball is allowed assuming this was done within the 1 second time frame.

I don't own a mini/axe and never tinkered with the settings on the ones I've used but they don't by any chance have a pull-release firing mode do they?

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Has anyone been in contact with Kee? This is not a CPPS issue as such, we simply follow Millennium ramping rules. Nearly all of our Ultimates/firsts are Millennium refs, so they know how to test a marker.

Reactions: frobinson

magicmonkey

Life Begins In 10 Seconds
Jun 4, 2006
Lichfield
profile.myspace.com
It's not user error!
Myself and others have outlined the setup process for clarification and there's nothing wrong with how we're setting up our markers.
Actually get a problematic Mini/Axe in front of you and try it yourself before you talk down to us all. We're able to follow basic instructions... :/

Has anyone been in contact with Kee? This is not a CPPS issue as such, we simply follow Millennium ramping rules. Nearly all of our Ultimates/firsts are Millennium refs, so they know how to test a marker.
I have, no reply as of yet.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
The earlier boards have a Ramping point , Shockwave have a Ramping point and a Ramping Sustain, Thanks F3Z I knew this but tried to set it via the board to 5, It should do as it`s told, my point is ... it doesn`t ??

Reactions: Tam Rankin