Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Redline Millenium Ramping Issues

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
but i dont think it is a programming issue. I think it is how the board its self is made and runs. The first issue was resolved (ramping early) with thibs psp mode hack. brilliant. but now there is the issue that it takes both the redline and the normal boards a full second after the last ramping trigger pull to reset back to the initial three semi shots before ramping. And nothing can be done about this.
I think this goes back to how the board was designed and made.

This isn't the case with other markers. from what i can tell with other markers 200 milliseconds after the last ramping trigger pull the board resets to three semi shots before ramping again.

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
but i dont think it is a programming issue. I think it is how the board its self is made and runs. The first issue was resolved (ramping early) with thibs psp mode hack. brilliant. but now there is the issue that it takes both the redline and the normal boards a full second after the last ramping trigger pull to reset back to the initial three semi shots before ramping. And nothing can be done about this.
I think this goes back to how the board was designed and made.

This isn't the case with other markers. from what i can tell with other markers 200 milliseconds after the last ramping trigger pull the board resets to three semi shots before ramping again.
Best advice is to try and not stresss out over it until the marker has been looked at by Thibs and a ref. If it still won't co-operate, just bump it down to semi. Yes, it is a disadvantage, but I can't imagine that this is a problem that can't be solved seeing as Axes and Minis are allowed in the Mills ;)

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I don't think that this is any particular persons marker playing up I think that this may be all of them. And I have said before how I would have thought the mills refs would have noticed this problem before now. Semi is allowed but it winds me up how my axe is the millennium series firing mode isn't tournament legal.

StubbsPKS

Din Eidyn
Sep 21, 2011
Edinburgh
www.DinEidynPaintball.com
Like I said, it is very likely something that is fixable as not all axes on the day were pulled. Thins has offered a possible fix, do stop by the just tent and then stop by the DE guys table and see where they've gotten with it as some of them will still be shooting axes

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
My axe wasnt pulled.

I run the shockwave board (£25ish). I also up the BIP quite a bit these days, which is a throwback to the Mini days where you had to increase the Ball In Place which is the amount of time the gun waits for a new ball to fall into the breach, mainly because it slowed the mini down. Occasionally the gun would read 11bps if I didnt.

I also run ramp start at 8bps. 10.5bps is easy achievable in semi, and I hate ramping although Im used to it, so I set it to 8 to again slow the gun down a bit.

tl;dr basically, Im paranoid these days

Reactions: frobinson

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Yea, see. There were plenty of axes that were fine :)
I don't know though. It's not like it was some bug or something. It was simply the ramp reset time and if you had a Redline board running, you had the problem as there was no way to get it to reset any quicker than 1 second :(

It sound's like it is possible to get the Shockwave and Optimus boards doing what their meant to, but not the Redlines...

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
My axe wasnt pulled.

I run the shockwave board (£25ish). I also up the BIP quite a bit these days, which is a throwback to the Mini days where you had to increase the Ball In Place which is the amount of time the gun waits for a new ball to fall into the breach, mainly because it slowed the mini down. Occasionally the gun would read 11bps if I didnt.

I also run ramp start at 8bps. 10.5bps is easy achievable in semi, and I hate ramping although Im used to it, so I set it to 8 to again slow the gun down a bit.

tl;dr basically, Im paranoid these days
It shouldn't have to be fiddled with loads to get it to be field legal.
Another one is that i imagine that different refs on different fields were performing different tests and one or two may have slipped through?
And the shockwave board does the whole "1 second ramp restart bug" which apparently it shouldn't. Different people are interpreting the rules differently i think as a few say that the gun should stop ramping after 200 milliseconds of 0 trigger pulls.

"Millennium/Ramping: Marker will shoot in semi-auto mode
equal to the number of shots specified by the Ramp Start
setting, and if the Ramp Sustain ROF (see below for more
information) is achieved, the marker will ramp up to the Max
ROF setting. If the marker is not fired for 1 second the marker
will shoot semi-auto until ramping parameters are achieved.
The default setting meets 2011 Millennium marker rules.
Default: Max ROF = 10.0bps; Ramp Start = 3shots;
Ramp Sustain = 6tps(trigger pulls per second) "

taken from the shockwave manual.

i personally don't have the shockwave in my axe but if you test it as others have I could see it being pulled on the field.