Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Referee's on Div 1 Field.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
It really makes no odds if a hit is "in a blind spot". There are no self check areas anymore. If your hit, playing on, and having an influence on the game... You'll get a 241.

There's a difference between running into the jaws of death and putting 20 rounds into someone's back. That's where the exsessive shooting rule applies.

Reactions: WildWayz

Hnt0r

Jan 2, 2013
Bath
I'm not gonna lie. The sandbaggers, nor myself seemed to have any issues at all on the div 1 field. I thought it was very fairly reffed, consistent calls were made, and a general good attitude from them all.

Vocals from the ultimate in the box could have been a little louder, but that was it(maybe a megaphone, or a cone could help with this)

I'm really at a loose end as to what the problems were on the div 1 field, as I didn't hear any confrontation, nor any words being spoke to any of the refs........which strikes me as odd after reading some of the comments on here

Not being funny but against us your guys should have been 241 twice at least for playing whilst hit. But whats done is done. It wouldn't have affected our position anyway. Congrats on winning div1 pal.

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
Not being funny but against us your guys should have been 241 twice at least for playing whilst hit. But whats done is done. It wouldn't have affected our position anyway. Congrats on winning div1 pal.
in your opinion that should have happened. but it my comment still stands around not hearing anyone confronting the head ref about these issues

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
As with any sport, there are always bound to be some questionable calls and admittedly some calls which are incorrect.

I thought the refereeing on the division 4 field was of a very high standard, and the day ran very smoothly. A lot of the penalties I feel were due to players not wiping off old hits properly, and ultimately that is down to the individuals, not the refs. We learnt our lesson from Round 1, and only received one penalty all day. I think the refs at CPPS do an outstanding job, and are coming to the same standard as the refereeing at the Millenniums.

I always go out of my way at the end of the day to thank the referee's and ultimates for their hard work, small gestures like that can go along way, and if I was them i'd like to know that I was appreciated, rather than only hear an earful of abuse. Just remember that without them, we wouldn't have this great event series to play!

I look forward to round 3!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Ditto , I`ll go along with Stephen ( Top Cats ) , Personally I thought division 4 field was the Best marshalled field I`ve been on, friendly , strict and Fair with giving a very high standard of doing their job,
I think I speak on behalf of ALL the Team :- Care Bears Fusion .... A Huge Thank You. . . . Bluey

Reactions: Stephen

Hnt0r

Jan 2, 2013
Bath
in your opinion that should have happened. but it my comment still stands around not hearing anyone confronting the head ref about these issues
I agree but obviously people don't feel they can approach the ultimate for some reason. Which via this thread has been brought to light.

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
As one of the regular refs at CPPS, a simple 'Thank you' is much appreciated after 7 hours on the field and being shot 100+ times.
Obviously money is involved, but the main drive is every single one of the refs wants to create a positive, professional environment that allows players who pay hard earned cash to enjoy the sport.

Apr 8, 2013
Could I just add, that screaming in my face AFTER I had checked the player will NOT influence my call. Not one bit. My desision is MINE, not yours.
I assume you're refering to me leaving the field, which is only due to the fact I have severe ashtma, which does inhibit me to get about as much as some of the other refs. However, I failed to report this to my ultimate, and he was naturally pissed off with me leaving the field. It's my fault I didn't tell my ultimate at the start of my day, and I do deserve the chat I got.
Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm not trying to cause an arguement, just wanted to air my voice and clear things up a bit.
Joe.
Who screamed in your face regarding checking a player?
I wasn't dissing you for leaving the field, just pointing out that another ref did, in front of players.