Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

reg problems

purplefazer

Aug 22, 2007
Right Not sure if this is the right section (sorry if it ain't)

Basicaly i bought a tri banded pure energy 4500psi 45cu fiber wrap for america so cannot return it.

But i noticed that the fill nipple was leaking when i filled it so i stopped the fill and removed all the gas and then removed it to locktite or ptf tape it.

but it looks like the threads have been cross threaded, making the reg body use less.

So i need to fit a new reg body, but in the manuel it says do not ever remove the gas distribution body (the reg) hence making it very hard to get the part, but i though they need to be removed to travel and hence defeating the porpose of a tri banded bottle.

So any idea if using a thread tap would clean and fix the threads (although i am aware its 4500 psi and probly not)

Would any 4500 rated regulator fit

where can i get just the reg body or complete reg

and why does it say do not remove even although it needs to be removed for testing and flying.

Any help and ideas would be greatful.

And i am aware this is high pressure and thats why i am seeking advice before i do anything.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The simple solution is to re-cut the thread for the fill nipple, but this is 1/8" npt and i doubt you'll have the tap to do it. I can sort this for you and if you want to be able to remove the reg from the bottle (for air travel), i can also do this.

purplefazer

Aug 22, 2007
that sounds good. Yea i don't have any cutting tools or taps. i would be willing to pay you to help me fix it.

as for the reg remove i don't need it removed yet i was just confused to why then manuel said don't do it but the bottle was designed to be played in different countries. i 'll worrie about that later.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Manufacturers are loctiting regs on bottles on for mainly safety reasons, but as you say it's a tri-banded bottle designed for use all over the world. So if you need to fly there is a requirement to remove the reg from the bottle.

The important issue here is the setup remains safe, and if you're not going to need it removed then leave it as it is.

With the fill nipple problem, i can sort it for you. Let me know if you want to go ahead and i'll pm you my details.