Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

reg testing

Twisty

Softly spoken
Jan 20, 2002
Leamington Spa
Hi guys,

So I'm looking to get back in after many years out. I'm sending my bottle over to HPAC for testing already, but is there a sensible way to test the regs? (Other than trying to fill the bottle at an event)

Mine is an Empire reg that's probably 3 or 4 years old. There are no noticeable dates or markings on it, so not sure if I should get replacement discs etc or just change the reg all together.

Thanks in advance.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Twist if you do change the Reg the ninja pros are nice and you can adjust both the output pressure and the fill nipple location.

Reactions: Twisty

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by test the reg, generally if it's working and not leaking best to leave it alone. If you want to test the reg out put you can do this by making a reg tester out of an old ASA and gauge, the gauge needs to be a lowish pressure gauge say 1500psi to give you a good reading, and it's better to use an OOPS ( on/off purge system) rather than a standard ASA, an OOPS allows you to test the recharge rate of the reg by turning it on and off quickly while watching the gauge. If the reg has a good recharge the needle should go straight to the output pressure and stop.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Burst disks could last the cylinders lifetime and beyond, even go onto your next cylinder

Or one of them could just randomly fail. In reality they wouldn't fail for no reason, either over pressured or the regulator clogged up with some nasty stuff from dirty air

As bod says, if the regulator functions then it's probably going to be fine.
Unless it came from Hong Kong for a fiver then the worst that can happen is you crap your pants if one of the burst disks blows