Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Regional location?

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
in terms of intergrating it into VB, that may be pretty difficult, there are websites like http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/ which offer that sort of thing.
I have 'some' experience with google maps APIs with Flash and Actionscript coding, so it may be possible to link this website to forum members' profiles when they post their location. The only downside is it uses pinpoint accuracy (ie you literally click on your house), but i suppose if people don't want to reveal their exact address, they can just select the chippy down the road :D

But i don't think it offers much in terms of customisation.... I guess we'll have to see what the mods think really

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
That could work too...although i'm not sure how many a poll can have. Maybe split it up into North england / South england as well if there's a limit imposed? But that wouldn't really help people get in contact with the others in their region, unless each person comments after saying which region they voted for?
It's all ifs and buts really

Roquey

Nov 3, 2008
Could it not be implemented into the profile? a player selects their region (or country outside of the uk?) Then a person would be able to player search a region or something.