Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Reloader with B2 board with Stock PM8

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Can anyone advise the best settings for a Reloader with B2 board when used with a stock PM8. All I ask is that it feeds nice and smoothly at 10bps for tournies and for the occasional romp in the woods at 15bps.

PM8's tend to be a bit quieter than some markers and I've heard that optimal settings will give a more consistent flow and extend battery life of the reloader. :confused:

If any more information is needed just post up and I'll keep up to date with the thread. Thanks in advance. :D

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Put the sound on the loader on minimum, and then increase it by one until it detects your marker shooting.
For the speed, it depends what type of paint you use. I normally have mine on max speed, and I dont have any problems. Usually firing Proto, seems quite tender on paint ;)

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hi

Have a read of the manuals available in the stickies.

As for the settings I'd put the sensitivity near max, sometimes on max they won't stop spinning, they detect the sound of themselves spinning and therefore don't stop !

Test different motor speeds so that you know it can feed 15 bps. I just used to leave it on max.

Put the tension sensing on.

As for trying to achieve max battery life all I would say is use good quality batteries and disconnect the harness after use as they will drain slowly if left connected.

I would get a good few months of use like this though when tourni season starts I always swap out my batteries for each event.

Ed

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
Thanks k4p84. Coincidentally enough this morning being a little bit bored with what I was doing work wise and needing a break to re-focus decided to have a tinker with my B2. I've set it to sensitivity 4, speed 3, and tension sensing to 2 (on). At 10bps it seems to work fine whether with strings of paint or single shots so I'm happy.

Unknowingly it was set at 6, 4 and 1 from when I purchased it and it seemed to 'stutter' slightly sometimes for some reason, but now seems smooth as I'd expect it to be.

Change batts every time I play anyway, other than practice days and always disconnect anyway, so no probs there but thanks anyway.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
When you say stutter do you mean it would physically stop spinning or you would see gaps in the ball stack?

As for the first I guess having it set to max without tension sensing may cause this.
As for potential gaps have you got the new anti jam freeway. I saw an improvement after installing this over the older spring and bead design.

Ed

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
When you say stutter do you mean it would physically stop spinning or you would see gaps in the ball stack?

As for the first I guess having it set to max without tension sensing may cause this.
As for potential gaps have you got the new anti jam freeway. I saw an improvement after installing this over the older spring and bead design.
Ed
I remember one game when it was stuttering being on field at Campaign against JCS Academy who are at least a div above us, my eyes were on stalks and wasnt really paying attention... :D

However flippancy aside it sounded more like the B2 was stopping starting at times and the balls being fired reflected this. Not major but you could tell that every now and again you werent keeping a consistent 10bps.

Now I have it setup properly seems a lot smoother so I hope this is not an issue anymore. For reference have the anti jam freeway installed (i think), kind of looks like a big sharp tooth where the balls feed into the stack?