Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Remote Air and upgrades for A5 Tippmann

Remote air/Co2 is it worthit?

• Total voters

Hand666

Jun 12, 2012
Hi guys/Girls

After playing for the 5 time this year and using my mates Custom 98 then using the sites 98’s I saw a big difference in pace and accuracy so I have purchased a brand new A5 Tippmann at a very reasonable price, now looking at upgrades for it. The question is what are the pros and cons of having a remote air/co2 system. Also is there any Mods that should be done straight away

Many thanks in advance

Andi

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Pros;
Less weight at the rear of the marker bringing the centre of gravity forwards

Cons;
If aiming too far to the left, you may have air line pull, making first shot miss
The trailing umbilical if too long might get caught up if playing woodsball

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I got a remote, tried it at home and didn't like it, for one thing the bottle provides a "stock" which steadies your aim, if you use a remote you need something else there or any accuracy goes out of the window. Also the line gets in the way.

As for the A5 upgrading it depends what you plan to do in the future, some people prefer the military style and plough a fortune into "upgrades". Real upgrades would be an RT trigger or an electro trigger and maybe a barrel kit (don't bother with the flatline), "upgrades" are pointless bits of plastic and metal you bolt on to make it look more like a real gun.

I'd suggest instead playing with the A5 as is for a while, you probably will want something faster at some point soon and at that point buy a secondhand electro and keep the A5 in your kit bag for if the electro breaks down (and hopefully a few years after that reach the Zen point and realise a pump is the finest way to play) . A second had electro can be had for not much more than a new e-grip and barrel kit for the A5, and that way you've got two markers including your ultra reliable A5 as a back up.

Reactions: Hand666