Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Removing a disposable CO2 tank

lazyriverboi

Nov 5, 2019
Ok guys so Iv'e just bought my first marker, a spyder victor. Now it came with a 90g prefilled CO2 tank and i know your supposed to remove the tank once your not using it. However the tank says to never remove it. Now i went against that and tried to method where you turn it 2 or 3 times then shoot the gun to depressurise it, but that didn't work. So any help at this point would be appreciated

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Ok guys so Iv'e just bought my first marker, a spyder victor. Now it came with a 90g prefilled CO2 tank and i know your supposed to remove the tank once your not using it. However the tank says to never remove it. Now i went against that and tried to method where you turn it 2 or 3 times then shoot the gun to depressurise it, but that didn't work. So any help at this point would be appreciated
When you remove a disposable co2 cylinder you lose any remaining co2. So if you would like to use as much as possible then leave it fitted — but that does mean you are keeping a gassed up gun in storage.... keep it unloaded, with a barrel condom fitted, safety on (and / or battery off - but it’s most likely that you are using disposable co2 on a mechanical gun)

If you are going to remove it then:
Protect your hands, as there will be co2 discharged
Fire a couple of shots whilst turning the co2 cylinder to partially unscrew
Stop when some co2 is discharged and let that drain
Unscrew fully once it’s stopped discharging (still keeping hands protected)
If it’s still too tight then keep on shooting until enough co2 has been drawn off to allow you to unscrew
If it’s empty and still won’t come off then it has been cross threaded and will need more brute force