Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Removing macro line BT4 Combat

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Hello, I cannot for the life of me remove this macro line, as it's practically 'stuck' in.
So could somebody advise me on how to remove it and what I need to do to re- install another macro line.

Attachments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Use a spanner on the 'nut' fittings to unscrew. They will be a little tight - too tight to unscrew with you bare hand, but will come away with ease by spanner.

Note the white stuff on the threads, it's a thread locker/sealant.
Clean it away from all of the threads when you have removed the fittings. If you are replacing with new fittings they will probably be pre-treated but if the threads are bare or you are refitting the same parts then add either some loctite thread lock/sealant or ptfe tape.
If you use loctite then there is no need for high strength - 242 or 222 will do. If you use a high strength then you will find it hard to remove again and will have to heat to break the seal.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Braided line is complete, you just need the appropriate length.
Macro line requires fittings and they are typically straight or 90 degrees.
Contact any paintball shop for a length of macro line and a pair of fittings.

Lips do a couple of packs:
Two lengths of macro line, and 3 fittings
http://www.lips-paintball.com/acatalog/Macroline-Kits-60.html#.Usn-hXggG0c

Or their 'air system survival kit' which has a variety of air fittings as a spares kit

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Or if you mean which fittings to undo, then in your picture put the spanner on the nut at either end of the braided line and hold the black parts (ASA at the bottom of your picture, 'power tube' at the top of your picture)

With the braided line you do not dismantle the line itself