Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Removing Reg help

Hobo_Joe

Enjoying the view...
Oct 30, 2004
London
Hey guys,

I purchased a 1.1 fiber bottle off the forums around 5 years ago with the idea that I was going to get back into balling... sadly, I didnt. As such over that time the bottle is now out of date and needs a test, with a test I can get some use until 2020.

Problem is, I cant remove the reg. Whats the best way to get it off so that I can get it tested? I have tried heating it around the neck to break down any locktight, but I dont want to damage the fiber so have been very cautious.

Do the guys who do tests at CPPS events need the reg removed? Can they remove it as part of a test?
TBH, I would prefer to change the reg anyway.

Thanks
Chris

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
It will need to be removed to do the test and part of the testing process is measuring the thread on the bottle. Some test centres insist on the reg being removed before you hand them the bottle but i think this more to stop claims of damage to regulators, other centres are happy to remove the reg themselves so it's a case of getting in touch with them and finding out really.

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
HPAC will do the testing and happily do the removal themselves. They tested two of my tanks and filled them while I waited. Quality service.