Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Replace a reg

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
Lent my bottle to a mate for NvS and it appears to be broken now. He has given me a myth one reg to replace it.

But I have no idea how to do this. Is there any video's or anything or is it worth sending both bottles to a shop

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Define broken

However to replace the regulator may be simple or may be difficult

If it is not loctited then it can be easily unscrewed once all air has been drained
If it is loctited then (again after draining the air) it needs heat and strength to break the seal. If not done carefully/properly then threads can be damaged

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
My friend says it leaks and that's it. He filled it to 4k at NvS and it just leaked and now lose all air. I gave it to him with 3k in it and it was the 1st fill after that.

He is given me a myth reg to replace it but I haven't a clue with how to replace or even fix the old one lol

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
That's what I thought. But he is saying it's a small leak. So I assume you put the air in and it leaks out. I've not actually got it back yet.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Its difficult until its back in your possession and you can check it out, but without the air input its going to be difficult to check where the leak is from until your on site again.

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
I'm hoping it's a disc. If not I will have a reg to replace it. Just need to know how to take off lol

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
The message I got was

think its the bolt on reg

So can only assume it's a burst disc maybe as don't know what else looks like a bolt

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Maybe he knocked a burst disc and it's leaking, if it is a myth one the discs do stick out. The low profile discs weren't around til the myth 2 regs...

To remove a reg, make sure the tank is empty, sit the reg and the end of the bottle in fairly hot water for a minute or so, lock the reg into a vice if you're going to chuck it anyway. Strap wrench on the tank and swear like a docker until it breaks the loctite :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Idealy find out what the leak is. Handing it to a proper tech will allow it to be checked out properly.

If its the burst disk then the regulator should also be serviced. If you don't know what caused the failure then it may get repeated. Any dirt contamination in the fill nipple can mess up the regulator and/or burst disk. A service will resolve that.

But to remove:

If its loctited then it wont be so easy