Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

"Researching" cheater boards? Look here!

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
I agree with the idea that two teams both with full auto markers going at it isn't that much of a problem, we are all agreed that a lot of people can get to the loaders limit of around 18-20bps relatively easily anyhow. So I don't think there are safety implications there really anyhow.

However, I don't think that is the problem. It is the fact that full auto markers can be picked up by others, that's when problems will arise. Some youngster at a rec ball day accidentally flipping his DM4 into full auto in the safe area or shooting off his barrel bag etc - then there will be problems...

Strangely though, my A4 has full auto on it (non locked) along with ramp modes but they are all capped at 13BPS.....?

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Originally posted by Ben Frain
Some youngster at a rec ball day accidentally flipping his DM4 into full auto in the safe area or shooting off his barrel bag etc - then there will be problems...
Agreed.

However the only thing we have a slight chance of changing is the regualtions for tournaments, sadly what people do to their marker in their private property is out of our hands.

We won't be able to control what add-ons companies are making for markers, or will we be able to control what adjustments people do either.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I've said this on a number of forums before - if ROF keeps on increasing, it's going to eventually kill the sport.

Each time someone releases a marker which allows the user to achieve a new peak level of BPS, the game becomes more about accuracy by volume and carrying 10+ pods and less about movement, teamwork + accuracy.

I realise that nothing will be done about this as the people pulling the strings in the sport are the same people with the most to gain from paint sales.

It'll get to the point where the best teams in the world break to their primaries and then sit there hurling paint non-stop - with the winner being determined by who got on their triggers first.

Best solution I've heard to date, from a safety, enforcement and game play point of view, would be to have a mandatory minimum trigger pull weight for all markers.

This would effectively restrict ROF, be easy and quick to enforce (the tools to test this have already been developed for real firearms).

Of course this is just a pipe dream as all of the people with hair triggers and mega-bounce would immediately spit out their dummies. :)

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Gadget
I've said this on a number of forums before - if ROF keeps on increasing, it's going to eventually kill the sport.
I disagree, look at the NXL, they have Timmys etc. doing 20+bps and it's one of the fastest games out there.

As with the transition from Pumps to Semi's, the sport just evolves to compensate:)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
But there's a finite limit to the speed at which a human can move. At the moment you can get away with a quick dash between bunkers and if you're lucky not get lit up.....although they might be peaking at 20bps, they're not keeping up a constant stream at 20bps (unless they've got electronic assistance *cough*).

If we start seeing 'advances' that ramp bps up even further, it'll get to the point where you physically cannot move fast enough to avoid being eliminated. A full auto 30bps marker would make it impossible to move.

Unless we all start hitting the THG, we're going to start hitting this barrier in the next couple of years.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

I agree with Pinki. Shooting a tonne of paint allows you to move more by shooting more people in. People are generally shooting at the same speeds as each other, so how will that effect the way the games played?

If people choose to sit back then thats their decision, but they aint gonna win in the modern game playing like that!

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Simple man, shoot 'em in, then move :cool: Sod relying on luck ;)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
I also agree with Pinki...

If it went full auto people couldn't stay on the trigger permanently anyhow. There is a limit to how many pods a player can carry and he will very quickly get through them at 30BPS!

To expand on the Xball notion, interestingly most xball players don't go out for each point with more than 2-3 pots as they will never get to fire them.

I have no problem with semi auto markers capable of 50-100 BPS because no one can pull that fast, it is the full auto safety aspect that concerns me as detialed earlier.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Originally posted by Ben Frain
I also agree with Pinki...

If it went full auto people couldn't stay on the trigger permanently anyhow. There is a limit to how many pods a player can carry and he will very quickly get through them at 30BPS!
So you're advocating limited paint tourney's? :D Interesting idea.... ;)

Saying that 50-100bps markers are fine because people can't actually pull that fast is ignoring what this topic is all about - you don't need to be able to pull that fast because you can mod your marker to do it, or just let bounce/runaway do it for you too.