The Home Of European Paintball

Return of the King

Markie C

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Aug 1, 2004
Northern Quarter
www.northernquarterpb.com
training

i ve just openend a training site in manchester and its £12.50 a head fair enough its no ware near as good as sc village but we are new at this and buildding it up bit by bit we can split the field in two so teams can train on there own but they just end up playing games.
the field is there for what any wants if people just want to take a bunker and go and snap on there own they can but it never happens
the only team i know of (and other people will know other teams )
and not pro ie nexus shock tigers, who actully train and do drills all day is the kellys and even if they cant get together they train on there own .
my point is (if i actully have one ) there are places to train but its up to the people to do what they want you cant tell me that every u.s team has had top rate sponsership to get to the top.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I vote that companies stop spending all their sponsorship budget on lower Nov and low Am teams and pump as much as they can into top Pro/Am A teams. Give it to those that deserve it and those that are committed to a decent training programme, and are entered into complete series/leagues. Its not doing anything for the Novs. There are teams that have been Novice for years, have never moved divisions, and get a good deal on guns, cheap paint etc. I still dont know why. When I started playing paintball, we didnt get anything for years. Didnt hurt me though, I loved it that much that I didnt care. It made me want to win, and we always hoped maybe if we worked hard, some company would notice. It was only when I joined Storm that we stopped paying for everything. It is still very costly.

I also think a re-ball centre would be very beneficial.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
I'm sure you'll find the majority of nov teams only get discounts on bulk purchases etc not free stuff, not really sponsorship...but unless you provide this they will buy from someone else who does give them discount.. Everyone wants something for nothing..

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Argh! That is what I was getting at in another thread. I wasn't sure, but based on the wierd seperations and oddly protective set up I had heard about in UK paintball, it's a wonder any of you are playing at all.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Matt I am fully aware that the Novs get discount goods. Sponsorship at that level rarely involves free stuff. Thats what my post said.

Duff, yes. In terms of the best of British, some teams deserve it, some teams don't.

EDIT: maybe deserve is a strong word. You get what I mean though right?