Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Return to Paintball after 20 years - Few questions!

b8ller

Aug 5, 2021
Hey everyone,

My first post on here so going to fire a few questions out.

I'm an ex Mag, Cocker user, going back 20 years so well and truly out of touch!

Looking to buy a new marker in the next few weeks, something electronic HPA budget around £350. Any recomendations?
Will be looking to play woods but hoping to mix it up a bit.

I see there's a classified section on here, is it very active or worth looking elsewhere for a deal? (not my intention to offend)

I'm Manchester based, anyone local who can recomend decent regular walk-ons?
Also any decent local stores? I know PE used to have a store in Trafford Park.

Any advice much appreciated !

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Planet are still local to you.

Air system - 60-80 ish if closer to a test
Loader - older Virtue Spires 60ish, older rotors 40ish
With that budget maybe Eclipse Etek 5 / older GEOs / Etha 2 (all Eclipse markers)

or get a mag and a cocker, everyone needs one or twenty.... :)

Facebook reduced traffic but a WTD post in the classifieds should still be a response

Reactions: b8ller

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As a new member today your account will have restricted access to the classifieds - and will be able to get full access after using the forum for about 2 weeks and making some posts contributing to the forum

Some posts on your background and tales of mag & cocker glory days will be well appreciated

In the meantime you can browse the classifieds to get a feel for the market.
This is one of the few ‘legitimate’ places for classifieds, there are sales going on Facebook etc but they are against their rues and the groups risk getting closed down

b8ller

Aug 5, 2021
As a new member today your account will have restricted access to the classifieds - and will be able to get full access after using the forum for about 2 weeks and making some posts contributing to the forum

Some posts on your background and tales of mag & cocker glory days will be well appreciated

This is one of the few ‘legitimate’ places for classifieds, there are sales going on Facebook etc but they are against their rues and the groups risk getting closed down

Thats good to know re the classifieds, cheers! Just had a read over the pinned threads about the rules on new members, makes sense.

I saw FB has a zero marker sales policy - was hoping to find a decent forum and looks like I have.

My first ever marker was an Icon Z1 and when it was turned up it could shoot some ridiculous range. That got me the bug for paintball. I then moved to a minimag run off a hose line (I really don't see these hoses being used anymore).
Played a lot indoor as a teen at an old mill in Oldham, nearly every week. Used to see a lot of an old team called Banzai Bandits. Pretty sure they all ran Cockers back then, for me these things were the new must haves with some cool anno's to match. Wish I kept them now.

Pretty sure PE used to be called Paintball Planet and had a place on Deansgate, Manchester with an underground shooting range! good old days!

Looking forward to getting back into it.

Reactions: Tom

b8ller

Aug 5, 2021
Planet are still local to you.

Air system - 60-80 ish if closer to a test
Loader - older Virtue Spires 60ish, older rotors 40ish
With that budget maybe Eclipse Etek 5 / older GEOs / Etha 2 (all Eclipse markers)

or get a mag and a cocker, everyone needs one or twenty.... :)

Facebook reduced traffic but a WTD post in the classifieds should still be a response

Some good info there, thank you! Might bob along to Planet and see what's what. Like the look of the Etha2 as a starter.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Banzai Bandits turned into Banzai that sorta morphed into Nexus

Paintball Planet rebranded to Planet Eclipse, the head office is still in Manchester, no other UK location but a couple of centers around the world.

Z1, aka a cloud generator :)