Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Returning back to the game, confused Co2 or Air? noobie guide please

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
You'll find your automag and pump both work better on air. We have run both and air is just better over the chrono. More stable, less need for c02 expansion bottles etc, just a reg on the bottle and probably one on the marker to keep things well under control. Some of us have been using Sterling pumps with mounted regs to adjust the speed (i.e. keep it under 280) rather than re-spring /washers or fiddle with a dialer. It makes the old school markers just a little more friendly. I love air over C02 and if respected it can be the best propellant out there, but as always, abuse i.e. don't follow the retest rules, don't respect you've high pressure hoses and it will bite you. don't want to scare you off air - far from it - I highly recommend it.sterling.jpg

Reactions: Care_Bears

dfr350

Sad but true
Apr 22, 2007
Bracknell UK
Agree with tommikka. You could always buy 2 air tanks and a hand pump. Hand pumps go for around £100 on ebay and then your not restricted to when and where you can get refils for. I just did this and pump my bottles up to 2800 psi but its not easy and not quick to do. I look at it in that a refill cost £5 for both my bottles so 20 refills pays the money back and every one after that is free (so to speak) and you get a good workout.

Hand pump

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
Hi do you have your own gun as said before the newer electro can not use co2 even my LCD a 1999 gun run on air so if you are using electro you are better off with air infact air is better all round

lizardz10

May 19, 2014
CO2 is pretty much outdated unless yoe have an old gun that shoots just CO2! My first gun used it and was fun but I'd never look back after getting air instead, carbon fiber tanks are so light too!

cheffy81

Jun 26, 2012
Quite a few sites only do air now as its kinder to the o-rings so easier to maintain site markers

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
Quite a few sites only do air now as its kinder to the o-rings so easier to maintain site markers
You can buy a hell of a lot of o rings for the price of installing and maintaining an air system, sites will only really have an air system if they have regular own gunners events such as walkons or tournies. Your average site gun is designed to run on co2.