Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Review of the CPPS 2011 season.

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
So as the dust setlles on yet another year in the CPPS i wanted to reflect and recap on the year and give a brief insight into some plans for next year.

First off i would like to thank all our staff.
Without these guys we would have no set up, maintainance or infrastructure along with admin. You guys are the very heart beat of our operation and without there would be nothing. Big Nick, Little Nick, James, Deb, Becki, Naomi, Chris. You guys deserve far more praise than we can give you.

To the refs, who turn up every event and put up with everything thrown at them in all conditions and yet always handle yourselves with the upmost profesionalism when others woud retaliate with a swift kick in the knick knaks. Some of you have been with us from the begining and have remained at our side and helped shape the new refs and events into what they are today. So from us to the Head Refs, Elite/UK refs, referee's and trainiees thankyou. Look forward to working with you again soon.

To the Penkridge Explorer Scouts who have helped in the clean up operation at each event thankyou for ya hard work.

Next up our catering crew. Sparkie, Emma and the guys worked tirelessly at the events both sat nights and all day sunday to provide you guys with the great food. After a quick chat they have some good ideas for next year to keep ya tums full and happy :)

I would like to say a massive thanks to the trade stands who cam to the events to help support the teams. You helped create the atmosphere and support to keep the teams moving and playing with bullets and toys.
So thanks to Jon and Chris at LiPS, PJ, James and Barry at Phoenix/Celtic Paintballs, Gill and Co at Just Paintball, Mikey, Jimmy and Tim at Warped, Matt and Ged green at Angel, Neli and the guys at BZ, Kent at Custom PB, Robert the Planet Tech, the guys from Cellar Paintball thankyou all for ya support and help and attending the series.

No series is complete without its series sponsors, all of you helped or contributed to the series and we would like to thank all levels of sponsors.

I personally would like to thank a few indivisuals, Ledz for the massive support and help and calming influence along with, Robbo, Barry Fuggle, Steve Baldwin, Jon and Chris from Lips, PJ from Phoenix for the massive help and advice they have given me personally and guidance and advice in abundance.

My last thanks go to two people. One i will claim has ruined my life as i knew it, Mark.....All thanks to him what would have been a simple care free life driving my tractor and playing at being a farmer has been made chaotic by running BOP. The stress and strain all have taken a toll on me/us and i blame him........but would i change it.......would i ****! Ive never been one for a easy life, so altough i will have to juggle everything next year and no doubt it will be more stresfula nd more pressue i am relieved that Mark will be there with us as a friend and business partner.

Talking of stress i would like to thank my amazing wife Gemma for her support and help at events. She keeps me sane, honest and on the path and along with Mark are to great people in my life.

Now to my point of view of the season, i think the season went ok. In that i mean with teams dropping out, no shows and teething issues with the rapid growth of the series i think we delivered on what we wanted to. But things could have been done differently, in terms of the improvements with the reffing for the last event, scheduling tweeks but thankfully we listened and made the required adjustments. It was a steep learning curve for us as we had massive growth, different ideas to implement and more to manage. We didnt get it 100& right by a long shot but we will.

We do pride ourselves on being driven by our customers needs and this is what drives us to improve for next year and continually evolve as a business and a series.

So with looking to 2012 and juggling a few tweeks here and there we have the following in mind:

Due to everybody feeling the pinch finiancially the CPPS will become a 4 leg series for 2012.
We would hope that with the series growing the way it has we can make it "the" national event to play for competitive teams who wish to test there ability with the best teams and players in the UK and with it being only the four legs we hope to get maximum participation from domestic teams and it means players can train, look at other events like the Millennium or other national events whilst still maintaining maximum attendance and above all the highest quality event in the UK.

That is the most important factor for us, the quality of the event. We want it to be the best in the UK, but the best is not necersarily the biggest!.

As for formats we hope that the Uk's top teams will again support the Elite league, along with an open race to 4 format again.

Were looking to over-haul the M5 formats again for 2012.
We will have 2 divisions of race to 2 and a further 2 divisions of standard M5.
This will give a natural progression through the ranks.

The current league standings will decide who is in what division.

Were also looking to host 4 smaller scale events as one off cup events in the form of 5 man, race formats, Formula 3/5 formats and also entry level events. Places will be limited at these events.

We will also be hosting more development programes in the form of ref clinics, tech support and player clinincs so there will be plenty going on .

More info and final ideas will be available soon as were still working through what's what and talking to the trade and players.

Rest assured the CPPS/BOP for 2012 will be an improved product again for the paintball world, and again we will prove we are the most progresive series in the UK.

platoongod

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2008
North Wales, Bangor
Been a superb season, and personally im all for the 4 event season, with me saving for a wedding it will keep the wife to be of my back financially! :) cracking work and massive thank you to all those involved in the cpps.

DS-Azrael

Mar 2, 2009
like to start off with a thankyou to everyone who has been at/to cpps over the year, its been a brilliant first season in supair for me, and i WILL be attending next season without a doubt (i'll sell my kidneys if needs be lol). I'm all for the 4 event series with the smaller events in between as it will make the overall points and result be alot more compedative so i'll be looking forward to what the other teams and players come out with to get the points they need.

dextrus

I <3 Cheating!
Sep 3, 2006
Nr lincoln
git to admit a superb season, also 4 legs sounds a great event to make it like a "national" event so what it might not be your 3-4 day event but when your there it feels like one.
Also congrats rich on keeping calm over the season , especially when you have players and teams nagging at you for one thing or another.

I cannot wait to play next season.
My 3p.

Dex :)