Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

RIP Rushers???? Team England for good...

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
R-Woods

Here here,

The Tigers current team has only been playing together for two years. The've pulled their finger out of their arses and have been the 2nd highest European team (to russian legion) in the last two millenium events.

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
>>>There are olny 2 pro teams in the UK, the rushers only ever played amature so how can u compare them to the Tigers and to shockwave. if any of u have failed to realise the tigers are not only the best team in the uk but have finished top european team in the last two millienuim events. its easy to look good playining novice and amature but play pro its a completly diffrent ball game.

So RWood Tigers have managed the mantle of best team in the UK for managing the highest placed PRO in the last 2 milleniums
Not doubting they are a good team I would say they are one of the best to save argument and face

Now beaker lets talk

>>>But I agree with TJ that it would take a lot of people to swallow a bit of pride, and go against the usual English mentality of every man for himself and knocking those above them for the sake of it.

I Will go back to my original points, if you have no respect for someone how could you possibly even start to work with them in a playing scenario or any other way

>>Personally I feel Robbo did make an attempt with the democratic-ness selection (although I agree Giles it wasn't perfect - but he made a good stab at it)

What exactly do you mean by this, the way he chose the team

Now onto your realy good points earlier

>>However, considering the small size of the UK scene, to have 2 main protagonists at loggerheads is just that much higher profile.

OK, who are you assumin the 2 main protaganists are

>>Like I said before, what would the options have been?

options to what

>>For me to support anything else, I must first of all agree that the other way has a better chance of success than what was or is being done. Until that alternative is given, I will support this until proved otherwise.

the post was deleted within 1 hour, of course, but please feel free to call me at home I would love to tell you person to person

>>It's just a shame with the UK scene as it is that this is already viewed as the great next hope, and not just another good UK team getting together to add to 3 or 4 others who already are competitive internationally.

I get very lost in ths thread Beaker, they have been made up to be our next great hope and every time I play the cup I think I am gonna win it for example, what s the point

In Summary to it all it is a very big shame all of what happened before, we could have been moving to something special and in a shorter timespan if it had not have been so ashamedly done the way it was
Someone is probably more responsible of breaking the Pro circuit in the UK for there own gain than they care to admit

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Ron?

Rushers didn't ref though - they are the highest placed Am team without reffing I believe.

Tigers are probably the best UK team at the moment, My point is I don't want it to be that the UK has one good Pro team but 4 or 5 to a) keep the competition up and b) enable the training etc mentioned elsewhere.

The whole scene needs to improve, top to bottom.

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Originally posted by R-Woods
There are olny 2 pro teams in the UK, the rushers only ever played amature so how can u compare them to the Tigers and to shockwave. if any of u have failed to realise the tigers are not only the best team in the uk but have finished top european team in the last two millienuim events. its easy to look good playining novice and amature but play pro its a completly diffrent ball game.
There are only 2 pro teams in the U.K.? I can count 7. Where did you come up with 2?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
R-Woods do you play with the Tigers?

The Tigers aren't 'Up and Coming', they've been around for a long Time and have always been a force to be reckoned with. Although granted the team has changed over the years (what team hasn't) the core team and development has been the same for a long time and they've stayed at a similar level (quietly near the top). Granted there was a little dip when Scott and the boys (Vulcans) left but Ronnie and Tom and the new guys stepped up well (I wish I was still playing with them!) and the new team is doing some great stuff.

I remember playing with the Tigers back at Holmbush when they were at the top levels of the UK scene. They've always been around. And they have had some good results this year, but I wouldn't call them 'up and coming' :)

The Rushers play Am in the Millennium series but in the UK scene they tend to play Pro and are at the top of the UK pro scene. But I do agree playing Pro in the Millennium is very different to playing AM.

Tigers have some great front players with some talented Dinosaurs (sorry Steve and Pete ;) ) at the back and that works well. I wonder if they are playing this weekend at STR? I'd be interested in a head to head between them and the Rushers at 7 man. It'd be a tough game that's for sure. I'd hedge my bets but back the Rushers.

manike

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Originally posted by rancid
And we need better co-operation at the top.

I know this doesn't seem very likely at the moment, but if this new team and Shockwave practiced together week in-week out leading up to the World Cup or whatever, would we not expect at least a degree of improvement? Ok, given what's gone before this wont happen, but you get the point.

And at least we'd have a couple of teams looking out for each other -you know what I mean!
I agree 100% with Rancid. The problem is, there is a lot of love loss with the "older" U.K. pros from the past and most of these guys are the captains of these teams. As far as I know, we are planning on training with Shock this year so we both can work on our games and improve to hang with the other U.S. and Euro pros. But we won't train with Backlash or The Tigers becuase there is some tension between us. I don't think there will ever be a happy medium between these teams. Too much hate from the past. But, for the sake of the U.K. Pro scene, it probably needs to happen soon if at all possible.

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
I hate it when you all do that and post when I am writing a reply

I thought we had about 2-3 pro teams of substance in the UK

Tigers

Shockwave

Banzai

who are the other 4 come on Cjohns make me laugh my tooth or lack of it hurts

And I have to say I used to play the Tigers 15 years ago but that missing the new squad is quite new really, yes those 2 are very aged at the back, but there bloody hard to get out when you need 2, so much respect please

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
Nice one CJohns practising against Shockwave will be very beneficial

Now Dave Stewart deserves respect most of the time (always when he is very near coz he is a bit large and hard)

But joking aside Dave gives out respect to other people who earn it from him and the respect is given to him by his actions on and off the field,

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by Giles
Nice one CJohns practising against Shockwave will be very beneficial
Yeah their after a 3rd rematch aint they Chip?

Chip, i thought we got on with Backlash, certainly Andy and Danny anyways?

R-Woods

Sep 27, 2002
Visit site
i dont play in the tigers first team,

but i am really good mates with them all, shockwave are a really good team and will be a force again next year they lost a lot of players. outkast no offence meant. im aware of no problems between the tigers and outkast