Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Fabio421
Thanks for your timely and polite response. I was not defending the fact that you were "jumped" by 5 people. There is no excuse for that. I was only trying to keep those involved in the debate to keep an open mind and that there may be more details than what was originaly posted.
If nothing else comes of this. In the least we have been given another great rivalry in the NPPL and I look forward to the next Nexus/Rage match up. Paintball match up that is. ;) See you in HB.

Hey Fabio, I can think of much less painless ways of introducing a bit of rivalry to a game of paintball and most do not involve the use of my head and body as a target point for five pairs of fists and boots :)

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
Hey ya' Nick...

Actually, it's been long time no see me anywhere Paintball related for a while now. I think I've played once since my Saberwolves friends invited me along for the Chicago PSP, and that was local. I miss Paintball but just don't have the time right now. Hopefully my game won't have suffered too much once I'm able to jump back in (although some might argue something like 'you've got nothing to worry about, Justin, 'cause you can't get any worse than the bottom, which is where you were anyway.') hehe.

As for Chris, I met him a lil' over a year ago in Chicago and had some good discussion with him. I have not followed threads of his or anyone elses for that matter on this or any other board. I did read a few posts of his a while back that struck me at the time as "arrogant," and in the following discussion he came across as stand-offish rather than open to debate...but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when I see things like that because I've been accused of the same sorts of things especially when I first hit the 'net and I think I've come a long way since those early days, which some of his posts kind of remind me of. I certainly don't think he's an idiot although I would agree he has made some "idiotic" statements and arguments...but I do think he has, from time to time, dug his own hole and then not stepped back to see how it happened when the fit hit the shan, not really taken resposibility, and has instead fought back (which has given the impression that he is thick headed and won't hear that he's wrong). If that makes any sort of sense at all...hell, it's late over here. I've personally got nothing against him and I kind of expect that as he gets better and more comfy as a writer he'll learn to avoid giving these impressions in the future. There is some foolish idiot Arkansan sitting at his computer right this very moment who has been through that experience himself.

;)

As for Chris vs. Pete...I will absolutely agree that Chris has given a strong impression that he is "anti-Robbo." I don't know the history between the two but if there is a chance for healing I would hope it can be done. Hell, I got my "break" as a PGI writer by ripping into Pete on the 'net a number of years ago, back when WARPIG's Tourney Talk was the ONLY place on the 'net to talk it up and it wasn't even password protected. Pete emailed me with a bash of his own, I returned one of mine, and before long a good, civil, intelligent dialogue had developed. Month or so later Pete asked me to write an article. Ain't it funny how things come around?

Note to all you aspiring writers out there: DON'T, and I repeat DON'T flood Pete's, mine, Anthony's, or any other PGI dude or dudette's mailbox with crud. If we want you, we'll instigate it.

:D

Back to the topic at hand, though...I will be most interested to see what happens to Rage, if everything I am hearing happened is true (IF, IF, IF).

Lotsa love to all,
~J~

PS...does ANYONE out there STILL think I'm TeeJ??? Poor fools.

Hey J-Lo - yep, some people still think we're cosmic twins trapped in tha same body. Tha fact that I sent a picture of my feet in to tha guys at PGI - a picture that proved I only had 10 toes and there was no webbing between 'em - which obviously proved I ain't you, doesn't seem to matter to some people.

ellcie

Jun 26, 2003
southampton
Visit site
I don't know about any else, but i'm glad this thread has started to lighten up.

My Opinion ( not that anyone will want it, but hey, just go to the next post if you don't)..........................

We are all human, Most of us anyway. We all act in the heat of the moment at some point in our lives, coach to neXus, on the comitee, makes no difference! From what I've heard and read
it's all done and dusted, and there were slapped wrists all round. It's just certain people that have odd views( in my opinion) that are dragging the whole thing in to a big political debate!
sorry if people disagree

bottom line....

i'm just glad the romours about pete having three broken ribs, broken nose and two black eyes. are just romours!

ices

Banned
Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by FrontLine
Is it truelly defence, or would it be provoking an already bad situation. Would you be willing to sacrifice any chance of winning that tournament, and waisting all that money and valuable time for the sake of protecting someone.
I sure as hell wouldnt!
Darwood.
I know the difference between luggin a fist in someone's face and defending agaisnt an attack, so unless blockin shots is an offence in itself, then ill still want to help.

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by ices
I know the difference between luggin a fist in someone's face and defending agaisnt an attack, so unless blockin shots is an offence in itself, then ill still want to help.
sorry but you must have miss read my post. I did not say anywhere that blocking is an offence. I inplied that attacking someone, who is attacking someone else would provoke the situation even more than it already is.
If nexus pushed the refs out of the way and went for rage they would have provoked the situation even more than it was at that moment intime. Leaving NPPL with no excuse to eliminate both teams from the tournament.
Would you be willing to lose all that money and time over helping one person?
Nexus did the right thing, no question! :)

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by FrontLine
sorry but you must have miss read my post. I did not say anywhere that blocking is an offence. I inplied that attacking someone, who is attacking someone else would provoke the situation even more than it already is.
If nexus pushed the refs out of the way and went for rage they would have provoked the situation even more than it was at that moment intime. Leaving NPPL with no excuse to eliminate both teams from the tournament.
Would you be willing to lose all that money and time over helping one person?
Nexus did the right thing, no question! :)
Agreed. The best response from Nexus is to win their next game against Rage.

paintballma

Jul 26, 2001
cal
I am most disappointed in the lack of bite in enforcing the rules on this altercation. The Rage players involved should have been given suspension to the maximum allowed. The message this sends to the rest of the players is not the one I would think the NPPL would want to send. As far as not pushing for it to protect Nexus, they did absolutely nothing (as all reports are saying) to get punished for. It should never be up to the teams to decide to let it go. If it had been 2 teams of lesser standings I think it would have been handled differently.

The most dissappointing thing was, I had been looking forward to meeting some of you guys, to put faces to the posts here, and due to all the controversy and all the people around your camp all weekend, I could not get up the courage to approach :( I will do it on Thursday in Huntington, to be on the safe side :)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by paintballma
The most dissappointing thing was, I had been looking forward to meeting some of you guys, to put faces to the posts here, and due to all the controversy and all the people around your camp all weekend, I could not get up the courage to approach :( I will do it on Thursday in Huntington, to be on the safe side :)
C'mon, Ma! They are all harmless--even when they're sober. Perhaps the way to start is at the PGI booth where you will find 26, the Missouri Dog Boy, J. Manning, or Harry Potter's older brothers, Ant or Joe. They all desperately crave human contact as we prefer to ignore them--and Pete, for all his snarling is a teddy bear. Nothing to it and everyone enjoys meeting 'forum friends' in person unless their name is raehl. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.